graduate entry programs in the UK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leorl

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any graduate entry programs in the UK and Britain itself? I've looked at several websites and the only one I can find with that kind of program is Oxford. Ouch.

Members don't see this ad.

Why do you want to go to UK so much anyway..
From what I hear, they are all racists, and have crooked teeth.

Originally posted by Doctor_Joyce_Brutha:
•Why do you want to go to UK so much anyway..
From what I hear, they are all racists, and have crooked teeth.•

oi!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL ! OI! That's one thing I picked up when I went over there. OI! Anyway, I was just searching all my options. After a lot of thinking, have decided not to look into the UK b/c I don't think it would suit me, personally. Although at some point I might consider living there. I don't exactly like England, though. Haven't been to scotland or wales yet.

Brits can be lovely people ... :)
Leorl, can I just ask you....why don't you like England? Is there a particular reason?

Anywayz, you seem to have got a good response on the Barts message board. :)

Originally posted by Sita:
•Brits can be lovely people ... :)
Leorl, can I just ask you....why don't you like England? Is there a particular reason?

Anywayz, you seem to have got a good response on the Barts message board. :)

What's the Barts message board?

Heheh Thanks Sita. Yeah, they were really helpful!! I'm not exactly sure why I don't like England, it's just instinctual, I think. I've been several times - it's just not very cozy. I have to say, I would love to live in Putney - very quiet and quaint, and since I'm such a rowing buff. But the places there are rather $$$$$$! It doesn't have a warm atmosphere, although I've met wonderful British people and Londoners - I'm just talking about the city itself. Plus, for me...it's really expensive. I dunno, I'd actually like to live in England some day, but don't want to study there, if that makes sense.

Oh, and as said before, racism happens everywhere, so it's not really a huge issue. Besides, there are so many asians there anyway...

Bart's is another message board site visited primarily by UKers. here:Barts They're really friendly and helpful!

hmmm...I agree leorl, it's not very cosy lol, it's more cosmopolitan....(London is!!!) :D

I guess cosy is whatever means home to you.... ;)
Its funny coz I thought the US meant ????? lol, I thought England was much cheaper, but then again being an international student is very very expensive upto something like ?10,000 (don't know how much in dollars that is).

One more question....out of pure nosiness :D..are you a girl???

LOL yes I am :). and yeah, lotsa pounds (can't do pound sounds on US keyboards) means even more for $$$ because the exchange rate favors you UKers! That's what makes it more expensive. So 17,000 GBP (that's what international tuition to Oxford is, i think) would end up probably being close to $26,000! *sigh*. And even if tuition was cheaper than US med schools...living expenses would be more than we're used to spending. I'll probably spend some time there in the future, but I don't wanna study there! :)

I have a rich Irish friend who just got a job as an MSISS with Morgan Stanley. She got an apartment in Chelsea. DAMN!

It doesn't have a warm atmosphere, although I've met wonderful British people and Londoners - I'm just talking about the city itself.

Most of those nice "Londoners" were probably Australians, New Zealanders and South Africans - you can't swing your arms without hitting them in some parts of good ol' London town.

:)

That's true tidy_kiwi, in London you have quite a few international students as well as travellers (loads of europeans and those from asia (japan, china, thailand etc)).
You just have to get on the Underground to find them!!!! (or Oxford Circus!!)

leorl....you guys can't do pounds ????? Woe we can do dollars!! $$ That's not fair!! :p

I love living in London, the only problem I've got is that I'd like to go to a Medical School in London, but I also just need to get away from home!! (ever feel like that @ 17??!!) :rolleyes:

LOL sita. That's one good thing about US undergrad education. You can get as far away from home as you'd like at 17/18. Well, my parents wouldn't let me, so I chose the farthest I could get which was a school at the opposite corner of my state (5 hrs. away). When I went to Ireland, I was really surprised at how many students still lived at home...and wanted to! Completely different mind sets.

hehe and no, I was actually referring to native-born Londoners, not emigrated Aussies or kiwi's....or south africans :). But the aussies and kiwi's i met in dublin were nice enough. Except...they're quite the ladies' men !

But the aussies and kiwi's i met in dublin were nice enough. Except...they're quite the ladies' men !

LOL!! Not me tho! ;)

Kia ora bro.