Graduate or undergraduate level summer courses to boost gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gotcurry08

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just graduated from Vanderbilt this may, and I applied to medical school this past cycle and am on the waitlist for the school in my home state. The school suggested that I take upper level (graduate) biology courses and I plan to do some in the Fall at the university near my home. However, I would like to take summer classes in order to boost my gpa since I am applying this cycle again and would have to turn in my application before my Fall grades turn in. Should I focus on taking graduate level classes (not many options for that) or undergraduate level upper division bio courses (more options) or a combination of both?

Members don't see this ad.

I just graduated from Vanderbilt this may, and I applied to medical school this past cycle and am on the waitlist for the school in my home state. The school suggested that I take upper level (graduate) biology courses and I plan to do some in the Fall at the university near my home. However, I would like to take summer classes in order to boost my gpa since I am applying this cycle again and would have to turn in my application before my Fall grades turn in. Should I focus on taking graduate level classes (not many options for that) or undergraduate level upper division bio courses (more options) or a combination of both?

You could do both. What is your cGPA, sGPA, MCAT, ECs? If you don't feel comfortable sharing it publicly, PM me.