DO Graduate Student applying to DO, WAMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spartan112

Reaction score
cGPA: 3.39
sGPA: 3.46
Graduate GPA: 4.0
MCAT
Taken: 01/12/2017
Composite: 507 (129/125/128/126)
State of Residency : Michigan
Ethnicity: White
Undergraduate Institution : Miami University
Graduate Institution: Case Western Reserve University
Clinical Volunteering
Emergency Room volunteer - 150 hours
Research
Optical Spectroscopy in Medicine Lab - 150 hours
2 Seminars
High Field Magnetic Resonance Lab - 70 hours
Shadowing
OB/GYN - 30 hours
Emergency Medicine - 10 hours
Orthopedics - 7 hours
Neurosurgery - 10 hours
Non-Clinical volunteering
Building homes for the homeless of Lima, Peru - 100 hours
Honors/Awards: Nu Rho Psi Honor Society

Miscellaneous: I am currently in graduate school finishing a Medical Physiology M.S. I started off my first two undergrad years poorly with around a 2.7 GPA. My father was having his seventh hip replacement at the age of 48 at the time. My family healthcare coverage was lost during that time also, and my parents were not sure if I would have to be pulled out. I did not have the maturity that I have now to persevere. Luckily, I maintained a job at a local bar to pay for books, housing, and food. I also was able to bring my GPA back up to a respectable level. In no way do I want sympathy, but just to explain how I got to the point that I'm at now. Any help on things to improve on or bolster will be tremendously helpful to me. Thank You!

Members don't see this ad.

You are competitive for all DO schools with your stats so apply to at least 6 and you should receive several interviews. Include MSUCOM and MU-COM. You could also receive interviews at some of your state MD schools and it would be worth applying to Central Michigan, Michigan State, Wayne State and Oakland Beaumont.

Reactions: 1 user
Are there any DO or MD programs in Chicago that you would recommend applying to?
You are competitive for all DO schools with your stats so apply to at least 6 and you should receive several interviews. Include MSUCOM and MU-COM. You could also receive interviews at some of your state MD schools and it would be worth applying to Central Michigan, Michigan State, Wayne State and Oakland Beaumont.

Thank You! Are there any DO/MD programs in Chicago that you would recommend applying to?