Graduate Students May Face Higher Debt Under Obama's Budget Plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

henohenoman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
damn. that sucks if that actually happens. .

How about the gov't stops screwing around and get's their crap together without screwing over everyone else in the process? It's not my fault they're 1230198230 billion dollars in debt.

time to have my parents buy another house, and use the mortgage money to pay for school...that interest is half of what loan budgets are. Or alternatively...who wants to go rob a bank with me? Steal back some of that gov't bailout money to pay for school...that seems fair to me.

AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/end sarcasm.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, man. It'll be even worse for Texas students. Perry is planning to cut the higher education budget, raising tuition and lessening the financial aid students receive...

great...getting a grad degree is looking less and less desireable the more I look at my finances. I still have undergrad debt to worry about, I'm going to be $150k in the hole (+ interest) and I'm going to drown. ahhhhhhh.

great...getting a grad degree is looking less and less desireable the more I look at my finances. I still have undergrad debt to worry about, I'm going to be $150k in the hole (+ interest) and I'm going to drown. ahhhhhhh.

This might be why some on this board would strongly suggest going to an inexpensive school whenever possible.

This made me ponder about going into a private school. I tried to do a rough estimation and I think it translate into ~5k extra for a 75k loan at the end of 3 yr mark. I know most of us will swallow it anyways for a rewarding career but it just feels wrong to be penalized for perusing the education/skills that will benefit the society greatly, just to save $2 billions when the military budget is almost $700 billions. Politics really affect every aspect of our lives and it's time to be more aware. This is not the change I hoped for when Obama gave his speech at our commencement.