Graduated with Honors, place this in Work/Activities?

WhiteHatDoc

Work hard and find joy in serving others
10+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2006
California
Status
Attending Physician
Hi folks! I graduated with Honors in my BA for molecular cell bio and I was wondering if I should place this separately in the Work/Activities section on the AMCAS or should I mention this under my research experience (which was required to graduate with honors)?

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
is this a thesis which you gained honors for? if so i would definitely include it.

peezyweezy

10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
Status
reck1ess said:
Hi folks! I graduated with Honors in my BA for molecular cell bio and I was wondering if I should place this separately in the Work/Activities section on the AMCAS or should I mention this under my research experience (which was required to graduate with honors)?
do you have enough activities to fill up all the 15 possible places? If you are narrowing down in order to fit your activities all in, I would say include that honor under something else. If you are stretching things out a bit, then I think that honor could stand alone.

OP
WhiteHatDoc

WhiteHatDoc

Work hard and find joy in serving others
10+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2006
California
Status
Attending Physician
braluk said:
is this a thesis which you gained honors for? if so i would definitely include it.

I did do an Honors Thesis and presented a poster at an Honors symposium on my research in order to graduate with honors. I guess I could just include this under a single heading for research.

kevster2001

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2004
Status
Medical Student
reck1ess said:
I did do an Honors Thesis and presented a poster at an Honors symposium on my research in order to graduate with honors. I guess I could just include this under a single heading for research.
Put it under the heading for that research project. mention that was your thesis to let your grad with honors