Graduating Early, Bridge Jobs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KentuckyFreudChicken

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’ll be graduating med school in December (2021, but don’t hold that against me, I’m a Planner) and am having trouble finding advice for jobs/work I could do from then until I start residency in the summer.

Anyone experience this or know someone who experienced this? Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

How are you graduating early? Or do you mean that you took an extra semester and so you're graduating off-cycle?

Reactions: 1 user
How are you graduating early? Or do you mean that you took an extra semester and so you're graduating off-cycle?
Yes, sorry, will be graduating off cycle due to an extra long research stint. Details aside, I’m going to need to find a job to fill the six or so months before residency starts.

Anyone have experience or advice to share?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, sorry, will be graduating off cycle due to an extra long research stint. Details aside, I’m going to need to find a job to fill the six or so months before residency starts.

Details matter. If you can stay in school, maybe it’s better to stay. You really don’t have any new employable skills than before med school. Be a research assistant if you have wet lab skills. Go back to your research PI for a job. Teach Kaplan. All these really depends on what skills or why you are off cycle.

MY personal choice would be talk to your school and see if you can stay as a off cycle senior without paying too much then take a few on-line classes and do whatever you want for a few months while completing “classes...”

Reactions: 1 user

So that matters. You're not actually graduating early. You're graduating late and that's going to be important for residency. I would stay in school if you can and do more research until the Match.

Reactions: 1 users