Graduating Early to do MPH Before Med School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Soulstice

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I came into college with a high number of APs and am on track to have 60+ credits by the end of my freshman year. Given that, I figure it's a waste of time to spend 4 years in college on a degree that I can easily and comfortably do in three.

With this in mind I am looking into the possibility of graduating early and doing an MPH program in the gap year between college and medical school. Would something like this be feasible, and would I stand a decent shot at MPH programs given my limited professional background?

Also, with this in mind, can someone suggest for me MPH programs that would be doable in the ~18 month stretch between May of one year and August/Sept. of the next? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I came into college with a high number of APs and am on track to have 60+ credits by the end of my freshman year. Given that, I figure it's a waste of time to spend 4 years in college on a degree that I can easily and comfortably do in three.

With this in mind I am looking into the possibility of graduating early and doing an MPH program in the gap year between college and medical school. Would something like this be feasible, and would I stand a decent shot at MPH programs given my limited professional background?

Also, with this in mind, can someone suggest for me MPH programs that would be doable in the ~18 month stretch between May of one year and August/Sept. of the next? Thanks!

Most programs for non-professionals will take more than 18 months to complete. My advice to you would be to enjoy your undergraduate experience - use the extra credits you've gained with your AP credits to take subjects you've never heard of before. I always enjoyed languages and history... you'll never have this much freedom again, don't be so quick to throw it away.

Side note: if accepted to medical school, you can usually do an MPH in one year.