graduating from PT and accepted to Medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorbadazin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am accepted to PT program at mcGill university. My ultimate goal is to be a doctor. Dose any one studied this program and then transferd to MD?

Thanks in advace for your reply.

Members don't see this ad.

I am accepted to PT program at mcGill university. My ultimate goal is to be a doctor. Dose any one studied this program and then transferd to MD?

Thanks in advace for your reply.
sounds like WAY too much school to me. those are 2 different professions. pick one or the other. if you can get into med school down the road, you can probably get in now. better off going now.

If you know you want to be an MD, you should for it right away. That's a ton of money and years in school to do both.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are trying to "transfer" into a MD program like Transferring colleges in undergrad, then it is not possible. But I know a few MDs that went from PT to MD but this was back in the day when PT was a bachelors degree, and one I know got his MS in PT then went on to become a DO. I wouldn't recommend it now as it's too much $$ and time and you won't see the fruits of your labor until 40 years old.

No.. doesn't work quite this way.. better off going to medical school and looking at physiatry if you want to be a Doctor of Physical Medicine, rather than being a Doctor of Physical Therapy.

Hope that helps!