Graduation fun

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnnyb255

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm the incoming co-chair of the graduation committee for next year's graduating med students. Just today I had a meeting with this year's grad team, and over the next couple of months I'll be talking to my own class, but I thought it would be interesting to throw this out here to broaden my horizons a little (I'm in Australia by the way).

So what graduation functions/events/publications etc do you guys get? How about prizes for students, academic achievement, best haircut, most incompetent? Or a graduation present, a tie or pen or something? Enlighten me.

JB

(PS. I love the Simpsons, do you? Discuss.)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I'm the incoming co-chair of the graduation committee for next year's graduating med students. Just today I had a meeting with this year's grad team, and over the next couple of months I'll be talking to my own class, but I thought it would be interesting to throw this out here to broaden my horizons a little (I'm in Australia by the way).

So what graduation functions/events/publications etc do you guys get? How about prizes for students, academic achievement, best haircut, most incompetent? Or a graduation present, a tie or pen or something? Enlighten me.

JB

(PS. I love the Simpsons, do you? Discuss.)

If they gave an award to someone for being the most incompetent, in front of their friends and family, I'm pretty sure they'd be sued off the planet for slander here in the states.

haha on that tenet, you might as well through in there, Award for the student LEAST likely to be a doctor. or student most likely to be sued for (and these can be separate awards) 1) sexual advances to coworkers and patients 2) malpractice 3) random hilariousness. Then give them Law2Doc's name handle to SDN to seek for advice lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
stay away from those stupid "best student, most likely to be sued, most incompetent" types of awards. they be upsetting in front of friends and family.

I was actually kidding about the most incompetent part, I was more interested in things like graduation functions.

Right now we're planning a clinical dinner for graduating students and faculty members with speeches. Then there's a graduation lunch which is just before the actual graduating ceremony, for family and friends. Then there is the graduation ball, which is basically a well-dressed piss up.

Oh and presents, do you guys get anything when you graduate apart from a piece of paper?