Grammar/formatting error after amcas submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nucleophile1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am hoping someone can shed some light on this. Before I submitted my amcas, I checked everything for spelling/grammar errors and everything was fine. Grammar/formatting errors popped up AFTER I submitted it. For example, a space in the middle of a word appeared that was not there prior to submission. I know it wasn't there because I copied everything over into a word document right before I submitted it. Also, random symbols appear between two sentences in a couple of my activities. My concern is that Adcoms will think that I was careless when submitting my amcas.

Members don't see this ad.

Try viewing the print pdf version. I think that is the full format they will see. If it's still there, just try not to worry about it. There isn't much you can do about it now.

It's actually not present in the PDF format. I hope that is the format they will see!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,

I am hoping someone can shed some light on this. Before I submitted my amcas, I checked everything for spelling/grammar errors and everything was fine. Grammar/formatting errors popped up AFTER I submitted it. For example, a space in the middle of a word appeared that was not there prior to submission. I know it wasn't there because I copied everything over into a word document right before I submitted it. Also, random symbols appear between two sentences in a couple of my activities. My concern is that Adcoms will think that I was careless when submitting my amcas.
Yeah the webpage does stuff like that a lot. I get code everywhere I put line breaks or quotations. It comes out just fine in the pdf though.

Just to throw in an anecdote, even after spellchecking one of my secondaries twice, I realized after I submitted that I accidentally included the phrase, "serving the undeserved" instead of "serving the underserved" when refering to indigent patients. I was mortified, but thankfully still accepted there.

Reactions: 2 users
Just to throw in an anecdote, even after spellchecking one of my secondaries twice, I realized after I submitted that I accidentally included the phrase, "serving the undeserved" instead of "serving the underserved" when refering to indigent patients. I was mortified, but thankfully still accepted there.
I'm not sure I'd even catch that if I was on an adcom.

My spellcheck kept switching it to that too! I bet it's more common than you think.