mediocriskid

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2006
58
2
Status
Much to my dismay, I've noticed that 2 of my applications that I have submitted have 1 grammar mistake within them. Do you think this is going to make too much of a difference? I've read Kaplan and a few other books, and this is the the #1 no no.
 

Church

Snark-free since 2008
10+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
169
0
Waynesboro, Georgia
www.mwci.org
Status
Medical Student
How glaring a grammar error was it? Some are worse than others.
 
OP
mediocriskid

mediocriskid

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2006
58
2
Status
one was a spelling mistake that the spell check didn't pick up and the other was as well as, sans the second as
 
About the Ads

Church

Snark-free since 2008
10+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
169
0
Waynesboro, Georgia
www.mwci.org
Status
Medical Student
I wouldn't sweat it too much. I called my sister (was a student member of admissions board at PCOM) and she allowed as how half the board won't even notice, and the other half probably won't care.
 

narc

10+ Year Member
May 26, 2006
1,020
0
Status
God I have had soooo many mistakes. Even spelled the City of the school wrong :(
On the primary i have principle instead of principal investigator
So stupid
 

the negative 1

Bovie to "war crimes" please
15+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2004
1,119
54
38
Charm City
Status
Attending Physician
mediocriskid said:
Much to my dismay, I've noticed that 2 of my applications that I have submitted have 1 grammar mistake within them. Do you think this is going to make too much of a difference? I've read Kaplan and a few other books, and this is the the #1 no no.
But at least you know how to spell "grammar" correctly. :D

Now if we could just get people to spell "definitely" correctly too....
 

baylormed

On the Search
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2005
4,304
49
Right behind you
Status
Post Doc
the negative 1 said:
But at least you know how to spell "grammar" correctly. :D

Now if we could just get people to spell "definitely" correctly too....
You mean like this...."definetely" ?? Or do you like "definitly" better?



















Just kidding, just kidding :love:
 

WildTumor

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
309
1
NYC
Status
Medical Student
don't worry about a few mistakes. My advice: once you submit an application don't review it since you can no longer change it anyway. Why bother searching for mistakes over which to agonize?
 

Hednej

***** Level 60
10+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2006
755
0
Status
Medical Student
WildTumor said:
don't worry about a few mistakes. My advice: once you submit an application don't review it since you can no longer change it anyway. Why bother searching for mistakes over which to agonize?
I Agree.
 

63768

Guest
10+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2005
2,202
4
Status
Medical Student
you can't fix your mistakes. no point in worrying. just take it and go.
 

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,510
4
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
The real question, OP, is:
"Would you eat a poop hot dog to have your AMCAS/secondary mistakes fixed?"
:laugh:
 

Hoberto

Squirrel Girl
10+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2005
8,457
6
Status
Attending Physician
Although you will be worried about it and wishing you could change it, you can't. Don't bring it up in an interview and try not to dwell. Chances are good no one is scrutinizing your application anyway. If one error keeps you out of a school do you really want to go to that school?
 
M

Mr. McDuck

narc said:
God I have had soooo many mistakes. Even spelled the City of the school wrong :(
On the primary i have principle instead of principal investigator
So stupid
I wouldn't sweat that. I've seen it spelled both ways.
 

Doctor~Detroit

this poll sux!!!
10+ Year Member
May 9, 2006
1,422
5
Status
mediocriskid said:
Much to my dismay, I've noticed that 2 of my applications that I have submitted have 1 grammar mistake within them. Do you think this is going to make too much of a difference? I've read Kaplan and a few other books, and this is the the #1 no no.
ha ha, you spelled grammer with two "a"s. oh, the iruny.
 

dwigt

Assistant^RegionalManager
10+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2006
233
0
TX
Status
Medical Student
baylormed said:
You mean like this...."definetely" ?? Or do you like "definitly" better?
My favorite is definately
 
About the Ads