grammar mistakes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mediocriskid

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Much to my dismay, I've noticed that 2 of my applications that I have submitted have 1 grammar mistake within them. Do you think this is going to make too much of a difference? I've read Kaplan and a few other books, and this is the the #1 no no.

Members don't see this ad.

How glaring a grammar error was it? Some are worse than others.

one was a spelling mistake that the spell check didn't pick up and the other was as well as, sans the second as

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't sweat it too much. I called my sister (was a student member of admissions board at PCOM) and she allowed as how half the board won't even notice, and the other half probably won't care.

God I have had soooo many mistakes. Even spelled the City of the school wrong :(
On the primary i have principle instead of principal investigator
So stupid

mediocriskid said:
Much to my dismay, I've noticed that 2 of my applications that I have submitted have 1 grammar mistake within them. Do you think this is going to make too much of a difference? I've read Kaplan and a few other books, and this is the the #1 no no.
But at least you know how to spell "grammar" correctly. :D

Now if we could just get people to spell "definitely" correctly too....

the negative 1 said:
But at least you know how to spell "grammar" correctly. :D

Now if we could just get people to spell "definitely" correctly too....

You mean like this...."definetely" ?? Or do you like "definitly" better?

Just kidding, just kidding :love:

don't worry about a few mistakes. My advice: once you submit an application don't review it since you can no longer change it anyway. Why bother searching for mistakes over which to agonize?

WildTumor said:
don't worry about a few mistakes. My advice: once you submit an application don't review it since you can no longer change it anyway. Why bother searching for mistakes over which to agonize?
I Agree.

you can't fix your mistakes. no point in worrying. just take it and go.

The real question, OP, is:
"Would you eat a poop hot dog to have your AMCAS/secondary mistakes fixed?"
:laugh:

Although you will be worried about it and wishing you could change it, you can't. Don't bring it up in an interview and try not to dwell. Chances are good no one is scrutinizing your application anyway. If one error keeps you out of a school do you really want to go to that school?

narc said:
God I have had soooo many mistakes. Even spelled the City of the school wrong :(
On the primary i have principle instead of principal investigator
So stupid

I wouldn't sweat that. I've seen it spelled both ways.

mediocriskid said:

ha ha, you spelled grammer with two "a"s. oh, the iruny.

baylormed said:
You mean like this...."definetely" ?? Or do you like "definitly" better?
My favorite is definately