Grammatical error in email with school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

readmypostsMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Somewhat serious question. I made a pretty dumb grammatical error in an email communication to a school. Would adcoms take this into account when deciding post interview? I know it sounds stupid to ask this, but I feel like it reflects poorly on me and suggests that I’m a sloppy person.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe, maybe not. What's done is done and a minor mistake was made. Just relax, because there's nothing you can do about it now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Somewhat serious question. I made a pretty dumb grammatical error in an email communication to a school. Would adcoms take this into account when deciding post interview? I know it sounds stupid to ask this, but I feel like it reflects poorly on me and suggests that I’m a sloppy person.
Likely no ... unless in your moment of anxious haste, you wrote something like "wtf" in place of someone's name. Eek! :eek:

Just kidding but you know what I mean. Let it go and move on ... it's DONE.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I accidentally omitted a word in a thank-you email to the dean of admissions. Ended up with a merit scholarship

Reactions: 1 users
Withdraw from that school, change your name and move states. It's over for you. Done. Forever.

Just kidding, you will be fine.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
You’re ok OP.
Some schools actually have even sent their applicants many typos in their emails:unsure::shrug:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users