Grand Valley State University (GVSU) DPT Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DonnyL

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm wanting to start threads for the schools I've applied to, to see what general trends are for people who have been accepted/waitlisted/denied/interviews etc. and any type of information people want to share!

Reiteration--this is for the current application cycle (started 7/1/2015)

Happy applying and good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I got accepted to GV DPT! What would you like to know?:) did you?

I also got accepted to GVSU! Although I'm not sure if I will be attending yet...

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got accepted to GVSU! Although I'm not sure if I will be attending yet...
CMU starts a week after undergrad so nty lol. OaklandS program is more expensive and longer I think. I go to GV now for undergrad. the downtown campus where PT classes are is very nice

Yeah, downtown Grand Rapids is very nice. One of my concerns is that the GVSU PT program seems quite large with 60 students per class. Have you heard anything about this being too many? My house is also about 20 minutes away from Oakland so commuting would save a lot of money

ooooh good point about oakland. Eh I think I'll like the large class size. haven't heard much about how class size affects experience though! Come visit I can show you around!

Thanks! I'm thinking about coming to visit early in the winter semester if I still can't make up my mind. I wasn't given an interview before I was admitted to GVSU, but it would have been nice to be forced to go and see their facility and meet some of the professors!

oh ya the open house late Jan? I'll be there!

I'm considering it. I'm currently finishing my undergrad at Michigan Tech so it would be a long drive!

Hey guys! I know this is post was from a year ago, but I applied to GVSU PT this cycle and just found out last week that I was wait-listed. The email said they didn't have info on my exact position, but that I was a strong candidate. Do any of you have experience being wait listed at GVSU? If so, when do they usually let you know? I guess it depends on if accepted students decide to matriculate.
Thanks!