Grant Money

Discussion in 'Financial Aid' started by castaway, Apr 27, 2002.

1. castaway

castaway Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey, did any of you get a grant in your financial aid package. I got a tiny grant as part of my package, and was just wondering if this was routine or not. Does about 2k worth of grants sound....too little? ....too much? Let me know. Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. quaileggs

quaileggs Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I got $6000 from OSU. I'm still waiting on the financial aid package from my other two schools. My EFC was $0.

4. Barton

Barton Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I got $1500 from Minnesota. My EFC was $32. I'm still in the running for a bunch of scholarships though, so we'll see.

5. ckent

ckent Membership Revoked
    Removed

Depends what school you go to (in-state, out-of-state, private). At my school (a state school), the standard grant size is $3,000. You should talk with your classmates to see how much they got. Some people don't like to talk about it, but it is actually very useful information in terms of knowing when to ask for more.

6. medravi

medravi Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I got around $5,100 from Texas Tech Univ. for this Fall ($1,600 grant + $3,500 scholarship). I know that you too will be attending TTUHSC this Fall, castaway; cya there.

7. titanium

titanium Member
    7+ Year Member

did those of you who got grants/scholarships give your parents info on the FAFSA, or just your own?

8. castaway

castaway Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey medravi--that's excellent. Also sent you a PM.

I did not submit parents' info, just mine.

9. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by stallion:
    <strong>did those of you who got grants/scholarships give your parents info on the FAFSA, or just your own?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i gave just my own for minnesota and parents for iowa

i think i'm gonna get about 2K in grants from minnesota. i'll find out soon about iowa.

10. rubyness

rubyness Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Excuse me!?! Grant money!? Oh how I wish! I go to a state school and they gave me nothing. Is there something wrong with this picture, or do not all schools give grant money?