Grant Money

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

castaway

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, did any of you get a grant in your financial aid package. I got a tiny grant as part of my package, and was just wondering if this was routine or not. Does about 2k worth of grants sound....too little? ....too much? Let me know. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I got $6000 from OSU. I'm still waiting on the financial aid package from my other two schools. My EFC was $0.

I got $1500 from Minnesota. My EFC was $32. I'm still in the running for a bunch of scholarships though, so we'll see.

Members don't see this ad :)
Depends what school you go to (in-state, out-of-state, private). At my school (a state school), the standard grant size is $3,000. You should talk with your classmates to see how much they got. Some people don't like to talk about it, but it is actually very useful information in terms of knowing when to ask for more.

I got around $5,100 from Texas Tech Univ. for this Fall ($1,600 grant + $3,500 scholarship). I know that you too will be attending TTUHSC this Fall, castaway; cya there.

did those of you who got grants/scholarships give your parents info on the FAFSA, or just your own?

Hey medravi--that's excellent. Also sent you a PM.

I did not submit parents' info, just mine.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by stallion:
•did those of you who got grants/scholarships give your parents info on the FAFSA, or just your own?•••••i gave just my own for minnesota and parents for iowa

i think i'm gonna get about 2K in grants from minnesota. i'll find out soon about iowa.

Excuse me!?! Grant money!? Oh how I wish! I go to a state school and they gave me nothing. Is there something wrong with this picture, or do not all schools give grant money?