Grateful and Thankful to still be a Medical Student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ldona

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I entered medical school it was difficult to adjust for me. I sought out and utilized the resources provided through the school, and have learned a lot about myself academically and personally. Some lessons were too little too late as far as some people were concerned and it was recommended that I be dismissed, however I appealed and have been given the opportunity to continue as a medical student and have a final opportunity to demonstrate the ability to succeed in this career.

I am interested in connecting with any other medical students who have had to try and try again, and plan to continue striving to meet their goal of becoming a physician even though it is harder for you than the average medical student (and I recognize that it is hard for all medical students, but most of you will still graduate in the traditional 4 year time increment). It is a difficult thing to have to repeat years and watch classmates move on, and very few medical students have to experience that. I have found that many medical students, faculty and even family and friends do not know what to say or how to react to the 'non-perfect' student, and the reality is that the only people who will relate to this are those who have experienced it.

Basically, I know I am not alone and I would like to actually communicate with others who are still pursuing this goal at at the medical student level even though it has become harder than just having to repeat an exam or two. Please PM me if you don't want to reply to the actual forum. Thanks and have a great day.

Members don't see this ad.