SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Grateful Dead fans at Nova

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by danH, Jul 6, 2001.

1. danH

danH Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Just curious - anyone going to nova that would like to cover songs of the dead - i play guitar

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. jazzman

jazzman Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 25, 2001
    FL
    Dan,

I'll be attending Nova, and I also play the guitar. But I'm sorry to say that I don't really listen to the Grateful Dead. I do cover Beatles songs though. In college, I used to be in a program called Arts-in-Medicine where we would sing to patients at the hospital. It would be fun to do something similar down at Nova.

4. acaban

acaban Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Miami, Fl
    Hey Guys,

Have you guys heard that new spng by Smashmouth entitled "I'm a believer". It is really by the monekys back then, but it's really cool. You can download the mp3 at audiogalaxy. Let me know if you guys get it. The site is http://www.audiogalaxy.com

AJC :D

5. sean

sean Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 11, 1999
    San Francisco
    I believe it is also on the Shrek sound track, a very funny movie.

6. j8463dp

j8463dp Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 10, 2001
    NSUCOM 2005
    the DEAD kicks ass! However, I can't play there songs on guitar. sorry. Also, I thought this section was called Grateful Dead fans at Nova , not Smashmouth (THEY REALLY SUCK !!) the monkeys, come on...

7. danH

danH Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 21, 2001
    that sounds good - i definitely want to keep my other interests alive while in school - i'll be heading down to Nova around June 27th.

I really appreciate the dead's music and I hope that there are some other folks that want to check out the dead cover bands in the area