GRE Flash Card Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

somedude14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so i've read many posts on here stating that flash cards are the best way of studying for the vocab section of the GRE.

But what specifically is the best way?

Online flash cards, making your own, using something like this http://ichi2.net/anki/?

Also,

my current strategy is going through Barron's master word lists. 50 word lists, one per day. Problem is that will be 3,500 words. I know about half or less so that's at least 1,750 flash cards I have to make. Is that too many to make?
Is there a more efficient way?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Ug, I'm studying for the GRE now as well. Have you downloaded the PowerPrep from ETS and taken the tests on there to give you an idea of where you currently stand?

I did that about a week ago and freaked out:eek: But, I've spent the last several days reviewing math off a college math lab site and have already seen improvement.

If anyone needs the math site I can find and post it.

I, personally, don't think making that many cards would be a good use of study time. I'd just read them over a lot if it were me, plus I'd read the tips on analogies, like the typical ways the words relate on the GRE.

Good luck:thumbup:

If you can post the math website I would so appreciate it! When is everyone planning to write the general GREs this summer?

Members don't see this ad :)
I took a GRE prep class several years ago and my instructor recommended Cliff's Basic Math and Algrebra books. They were very helpful in reviewing basic math. They are made by the Cliff note company :)