GRE needed for DO-PhD, in addition to MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MysticHealer

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm intrested in applying to medical schools that offer DO-PhD programs . Currently I'm aware that there are 3 such programs, Chicago, UMDNJSOM and there was one more. BUt I have already take the MCATS did ok. BUt wanted to know if I need to start preparing for the GREs?

Members don't see this ad.

I am interviewing at UMDNJSOM in November and am also interested in the DO/PhD program. From what I understand only the MCAT is required. You might speak with Dr. Shimmel at 856-566-6037 for more information.

I can't find Dr. Schimmel's phone number right now, but the area code for that should be 856.

Good luck!

Paige

Cornell University '00
UMDNJ-SOM '04

Members don't see this ad :)
Oklahoma State University (OSU-CHS College of Osteopathic Medicine) offers a dual DO/PhD program. You can contact Dr. Leigh Goodson (Associate Dean for Student Affairs) at 1/800/677-1972 for more info.

No offense meant, ussdfiant- I noticed that the area code was wrong (probably due to a typo), and that made me a bit nervous about the rest of the phone number. As it turns out, the rest of the number is correct. (Yes, I did end up checking... I'm an anal med student. It's what I do. :))

Bests,
Paige

Cornell University '00
UMDNJ-SOM '04