GRE prep links and ideas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

STCM

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just bought a couple of review books to start preparing for the GRE but there are also a ton of free resources online. Thought I'd start a thread so anyone who has good resources can share them. :thumbup:

Michigan State has a great vocabulary list here:

https://www.msu.edu/~defores1/gre/vocab/gre_vocab.htm

Members don't see this ad.

I'm starting to realize that while vocabulary seems like one of the hardest things to study, there are actually some good resources available to do so. My approach is to review the words at regular intervals, a few times a day and try to make sure I understand how each unfamiliar word would be used in a sentence.

Here's a pretty comprehensive GRE vocab guide:

http://www.grevocabulary.org

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm starting to realize that while vocabulary seems like one of the hardest things to study, there are actually some good resources available to do so. My approach is to review the words at regular intervals, a few times a day and try to make sure I understand how each unfamiliar word would be used in a sentence.

Here's a pretty comprehensive GRE vocab guide:

http://www.grevocabulary.org
Hi- do you had to take the GRE or can you take te MAT? In applying to schools that ask for one or the other and I'm leaning towards MAT. I was wondering if you ha the same option- and if you did, why did you choose the GRE?

Thanks

Hi- do you had to take the GRE or can you take te MAT? In applying to schools that ask for one or the other and I'm leaning towards MAT. I was wondering if you ha the same option- and if you did, why did you choose the GRE?

Thanks

I could be wrong, but I don't think the MAT has an analytical writing section. Most schools are very interested in your AW score so that's definitely something you'd want to ask the schools you want to apply to!

I could be wrong, but I don't think the MAT has an analytical writing section. Most schools are very interested in your AW score so that's definitely something you'd want to ask the schools you want to apply to!
I definitely will. I'm glad only 3 of the 12 schools I'm looking into ask for the GRE or MAT though. Ha

I will be taking the GRE because it's required by two of the schools I will be applying for next year. I don't know very much about the MAT but I suppose if you felt that you were would test well with analogies, that might be a good option. The GRE would require studying vocabulary, math and freshening up your writing skills.

I will be taking the GRE because it's required by two of the schools I will be applying for next year. I don't know very much about the MAT but I suppose if you felt that you were would test well with analogies, that might be a good option. The GRE would require studying vocabulary, math and freshening up your writing skills.
I think I'm going to try the MAT because it is cheaper and only 1 hr long. If I do terrible I'll take the GRE. Lol