Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

GRE Psychology Standby Takers Dec 05

Discussion in 'Psychology [Psy.D. / Ph.D.]' started by PsychLarry, Dec 9, 2005.

1. PsychLarry

PsychLarry New Member

Other Health Professions Student
    ETS should know by now that users registering for the November exam, frequently take the December exam as well. Basically, if your 'gut feeling" is a "poor score" on November exam, you take the December exam for back up

What infuriates me is that the December exam registration end date is two days before the November exam!

Is it just me or is ETS fleecing the masses with the extra $ 35 penalty fee for being standby! Shucks, Standby is on a first-come-first serve basis.

To add insult to injury, standby takers not entitled to the 10-day early phone in period to determine the score.
    So we are forced to wait until the latter part of January!

------------

Also, Barrons, Kaplan, Arco, REA, Princeton Review Books, including the sample provided by ETS was way off the mark of that November exam.

I read all the archaic material I can find this time around and I am hoping to do much better. I am aiming for 770 and higher.

Good luck to all the retakers tomorrow!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. joetro

joetro Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Good luck to you! I too took the Nov exam and found it pretty difficult and different from the preparatory material I had seen, but that doesn't mean that I - or you - did poorly on it by any means. Remember it is graded on a curve. Hope this exam treats you better!

4. lazure

lazure Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

haven't you yet figured out that the GRE is a cash cow for ETS? Your performance on it is not predictive of your performance in graduate school...
    Good luck, all the same, it's just the first of very many hoops to jump through...

5. PsychLarry

PsychLarry New Member

Other Health Professions Student
    Yes GRE is a Cash cow!

Anyway, the December exam was relatively easy in comparison to the November exam.

Hope the other takers share my viewpoint