GRE scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Music333

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do PH schools look at the highest scores of each section (like in undergrad admissions--superscoring the SAT) or highest composite score? Does ETS let you send scores from one date and not the other, or do they send all scores?

Also, should I sign up to send my score reports before I take the exam? I have no idea how I'll do b/c my practice scores have been all over, but signing up to send scores before the exam is free...

Members don't see this ad.

When you send scores to a school, they receive ALL your past sit-in's, too. I don't know if schools superscore or not, but I'm leaning on the side of 'no'.

And yes, sign up before. If you have any inclination to send them to the school later, even if you did poorly, at least you'll save some pocket change.

nothing to see....

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Different scholarships have different guidelines for awards

It would depend on the school - they may take the average, the highest, or the most recent

I think just about everyone takes into account the GRE for scholarships (I know Emory said that they look at GPA and GRE first).
Should I retake the GRE?

GRE isn't the most important factor, not by any stretch of imagination. It's just one part of your application. If you're a desirable student to that school (proper academic interest fit, good PH background, etc.), that's what'll get you scholarship offers. Not a 50pt difference on your GRE.

So apparently Emory's average GRE scores for admitted epi students is 570 V and 730 Q. That kinda makes me want to cry.
I want to retake the GRE but I don't think I'll improve that much.

Well, I've decided to retake the GRE b/c I'm pretty sure I'm not going to qualify for financial aid and I really do need scholarships. I'm dropping a class so I have time to study for it.

How long does ETS take to forward scores to SOPHAS? I know it said 10 to 15 days for me, but it didn't say how long it would take to get to the schools.