Great aWAKEning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2tall

1K Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The committee meetings are over. The few, the proud, the waitlisted still wait. We could get word any day now!

Did anybody Wake call today?

Members don't see this ad.

I called Wake today and they said that the decisions had not yet been entered and that I might try back on Friday the 18th to see if decisions were available. More waiting I guess....

I think they said Friday just to keep people from calling for as long as possible. I have heard wednesday is more realistic. Good luck to my fellow waitlisters.

Members don't see this ad :)
was this committee meeting to admit people off the waitlist also? or just to review applicants who recently interviewed?

DoctorMalki said:
was this committee meeting to admit people off the waitlist also? or just to review applicants who recently interviewed?

From my conversations with their office and the fact that it's the last committee meeting, I'm assuming both.

Cool, I'm excited. Now there are still going to be a lot of people that withdraw from Wake in May, don't they meet again to pull people off the waitlist or do they just rank everyone at this point?

March 9th was the last committee meeting. No more meetings - the roundtable discussions are over. From my understanding...henceforth the dean will pull people off the list based on the class profile. I don't believe the waitlist is ranked. Someone most certainly correct me if I'm wrong.

Unranked waitlist. I think they review everyone each meeting.

Deacon have you said that before? I just had deja-vu. Remember people...no more meetings. For those of us that don't receive the March 9th acceptance letters, it'll be time to open up MS Word and start writing those :love: love :love: letters.

Once you are waitlisted at Wake, the committee never reviews your file again. All waitlisted candidates are reviewed personally by the assistant dean, who has the sole discretion of admitting them.

Did anybody try to call Wake today?

Bump...Anyone have any news from Wake?

I called today. It looks like I'm still waitlisted. C'est la vie.

I called Wake today. They finished updating their system with the verdicts from the last meeting and damn it, still on the waitlist. Anyway, here is the latest:

Several people have sent in withdrawals over the past several days and they expect this to increase over the next several weeks (until their April 15th deadline to pick a school). They won't be handing out more acceptances until the beginning of April so hold tight until then.

If you are still interested, give them a call or shoot them an email once a month to show continued interest. The secratary said not to do it every week.

Do not send in any more letters of recommendation but feel free to contact the office with updates (grades, new publications, etc.)

Hope this helps in some small way.

Good luck! :luck:

Good work C B! What's this April 15th thing?

Code Brown said:
I called Wake today. They finished updating their system with the verdicts from the last meeting and damn it, still on the waitlist. Anyway, here is the latest:

Several people have sent in withdrawals over the past several days and they expect this to increase over the next several weeks (until their April 15th deadline to pick a school). They won't be handing out more acceptances until the beginning of April so hold tight until then.

If you are still interested, give them a call or shoot them an email once a month to show continued interest. The secratary said not to do it every week.

Do not send in any more letters of recommendation but feel free to contact the office with updates (grades, new publications, etc.)

Hope this helps in some small way.

Good luck! :luck:

MAY 1! Their deadline is May 1!