Great MCAT tutoring companies?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gauss44

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who's had a good experience with MCAT tutoring?

Which company was it?
Where roughly (northeast, southwest, city, or whatever)?
What subject?

There are a bunch of companies: Wyzant, Cambridge Coaching, Varsity Tutors, Tutorspree, etc.

Me: For physics, I had a good experience with Wyzant. They have a satisfaction guarantee for up to $100 which they honored with my first tutor (who I wasn't satisfied with). And I eventually found an excellent science tutor. Their selection can be sort of slim, but they are a good company by my opinion. I haven't tried any of the others. I'm currently looking for a verbal tutor. I think Wyzant is a nationwide company.

Members don't see this ad.

Who's had a good experience with MCAT tutoring?

Which company was it?
Where roughly (northeast, southwest, city, or whatever)?
What subject?

There are a bunch of companies: Wyzant, Cambridge Coaching, Varsity Tutors, Tutorspree, etc.

Me: For physics, I had a good experience with Wyzant. They have a satisfaction guarantee for up to $100 which they honored with my first tutor (who I wasn't satisfied with). And I eventually found an excellent science tutor. Their selection can be sort of slim, but they are a good company by my opinion. I haven't tried any of the others. I'm currently looking for a verbal tutor. I think Wyzant is a nationwide company.

Going to be the same thing with all these companies.. if you get a good tutor, you're set. If not, you're boned and have to get your money back/change. Look up specific policies on switching tutors/getting your money back.

Also look into various requirements to be a tutor. Some companies barely screen, some require a certain MCAT score and others will extensively screen.

End of the day though.. really just luck in getting assigned the right tutor.