Great part time Pre-Optometry experience available in the Hudson Valley NY area

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Budgeter44

Reaction score
Hey guys, In a short while I will be leaving my position at an optometry practice in Pomona NY, and the optometrist I work for is seeking a replacement. The available position is for a scribe/assistant to the optometrist. Working at this location has been a great experience for me, and may have single-handedly secured my acceptances to several optometry schools. You will gain a great deal of experience working with patients, seeing the operation of a private practice, learning fundus photography, and contact lens inventory management, just to name a few things.

This is a paid position, and my employer is looking for someone to start as early as March 2020, where you would shadow and learn the ropes before taking over the position in April when I leave. I can't stress how great of an opportunity this is to a pre-optometry student, every interviewer I spoke with was highly impressed with the level of experience I had gained through working at this practice.

If you are located in this area and interested in this opportunity, feel free to shoot me a PM or reply to this thread.

Members don't see this ad.