1. Anti-Piracy Warning: The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of copyrighted work is illegal. Sale or sharing of pirated materials is a crime and violates the SDN Terms of Service. Be aware that SDN reserves the right to report this activity to copyright holders and appropriate agencies. SDN cooperates with copyright holders in enforcement.

If you encounter an advertisement for a pirated product, please use the Report link located on the lower left side of the post or PM to alert our volunteer team.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Text for Incoming PGY-Is

Discussion in 'For Sale and Advertisements' started by North80, May 16, 2007.

1. North80

2+ Year Member

I am selling a great book for new PGY-Is that have matched into ophthalmology:

BCSC Section 1: Update on General Medicine, 2006-2007 Edition

This book gives a brief summary of many disease processes you will see during your intern year and highlights their ophthalmic manifestations and significance. It is the first section of the Basic and Clinical Science Course by the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

This book is in BRAND NEW condition with absolutely no highlighting, markings, or creases.

I am selling it for $65 to the first reply.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ophtho wannabe

ophtho wannabe Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Wow! You're really willling to part with your Update on General Medicine. That's quite a sacrifice. How to plan on using your money from selling a free book?

4. North80

2+ Year Member

Actually, the book sells for $99 plus shipping on the American Academy of Ophthalmology website.

5. Mirror Form

Mirror Form Thyroid Storm
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I think that some programs provide the BCSC series to their residents.

6. North80

2+ Year Member

Yes, most programs (like mine) do indeed provide the entire BCSC series to incoming residents in July of their PGY-2 year. However, I bought Section 1 (General Medicine) from the AAO website so that I could read it during internship.