"Greatest Challenge in Becoming a Physician"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WorldWiz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't find any thread on this secondary essay prompt, so what would be strong themes to use in your response to this prompt? Thanks.

EDIT: I probably should made the prompt clearer by writing, "greatest challenge THAT YOU EXPECT in becoming a physician."

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Balance between spending time building a family and committing myself to patients.

Something I already struggle with as my GF and I are in a serious committed relationship, but with Med school (hopefully) looming there doesn't seem like a natural time to get married. And she won't live together before getting married.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would go along the lines of "as the medical profession shifts to a new "medical family" concept we will struggle to define how individual roles will be played, as the leader of the healthcare team it will be up to the physician to steer how this process happens and make sure that it occurs in such a way that it will maximally benefit the patients." You could go into something about how these extra roles are straining physician resources (time) that could previously be dedicated to the patients etc. etc. etc. BS BS BS

Survivor DO

I didn't find any thread on this secondary essay prompt, so what would be strong themes to use in your response to this prompt? Thanks.

EDIT: I probably should made the prompt clearer by writing, "greatest challenge THAT YOU EXPECT in becoming a physician."

I believe they may be looking for a one word answer: "residency"