Greatest Personal Accomplishment Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheRealBatmanMD

NeuroGod
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am working on UC Irvine's secondary and one of the prompts involves talking about a personal accomplishment that you are most proud of. I have two ideas for answering this prompt. The first is talking about the 7 papers that I had the opportunity to co-author and the second, is about starting a national non-profit. I personally want to talk about the the 7 articles, but I am worried that it might come off as too arrogant? With second, I can show more of my altruistic side but I believe the 7 papers would stand out more. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am working on UC Irvine's secondary and one of the prompts involves talking about a personal accomplishment that you are most proud of. I have two ideas for answering this prompt. The first is talking about the 7 papers that I had the opportunity to co-author and the second, is about starting a national non-profit. I personally want to talk about the the 7 articles, but I am worried that it might come off as too arrogant? With second, I can show more of my altruistic side but I believe the 7 papers would stand out more. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks
I would pick something non-academic for this prompt. Of the two options you listed, I would go with starting the national non-profit. Your seven publications will speak for itself.

Reactions: 3 users
I agree with Moko's advice. The school will be aware of your papers and their import from other sections of your application.

Reactions: 2 users