Position Wanted Greencard,all3 usmles,uk residency started

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sugarplummy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I’m currently doing the MRCGP residency in the UK but I really have my heart set on practicing in the US. I’ve got all my usmles completed and a green card so I’m ready to start ASAP and can get a recc letter from my educational supervisor

Members don't see this ad.

Hi I’m currently doing the MRCGP residency in the UK but I really have my heart set on practicing in the US. I’ve got all my usmles completed and a green card so I’m ready to start ASAP and can get a recc letter from my educational supervisor
You need a plan. First, what residency programs would you like to pursue? Internal Medicine? It's General Medicine in the UK. You will need to apply and schedule interviews. I did my 3rd year in London, so I know a little about UK med students and house officers. They all want to go to NYC. You all seem to view the US as NYC and a bunch of corn fields. NYC is fine, but I recommend targeting programs in the middle of the country. Identify programs that you would want to pursue in Chicago, Indianapolis, St Louis, Michigan, etc. That way you would be able to schedule some time to fly over and interview extensively at a number of programs.

Hi,thanks for your advice. I’ve applied 4 or 5 years in a row across the entire US and have had only one interview.that’s y im here in the uk. I’m originally from Trinidad and would like to practice in Florida.if I don’t get through to a US residency while I doing a general practice residency here, I’ll apply for a licence in Maine,then use it to work in the VA in fl

Hi,thanks for your advice. I’ve applied 4 or 5 years in a row across the entire US and have had only one interview.that’s y im here in the uk. I’m originally from Trinidad and would like to practice in Florida.if I don’t get through to a US residency while I doing a general practice residency here, I’ll apply for a licence in Maine,then use it to work in the VA in fl
Hi can I dm you about this process?