Greetings from UNSOM-Las Vegas Psychiatry!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Seputro

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

First off, I am Jonathan, a PGY-3 psychiatry resident at the University of Nevada School of Medicine - Las Vegas Psychiatry Residency Program.

It has been a while since I've posted on SD.net but it has always served as a great resource for those in all levels of training. Please join us in our newly constructed (and honestly not yet totally completed) *gasp* Facebook group. You can meet some of the residents that happen to have facebook profiles and ask us whatever questions you may have. The group is completely resident run and none of our psychiatry attendings or administrators have access.

We welcome anyone and everyone to join, including friends and family of anyone interested. We welcome those of every level of training including attendings of other programs to learn what our program is about and to share experiences. Or, just to set up a network and meet up with us when you happen to be in town.

I mean...it IS Las Vegas, you are bound to come here one of these days :cool:

Our program has come a long way, and our biggest asset is the high morale of our residents.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=148271278534426

Sincerely,

Jonathan Wirjo

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Isn't this really just going to provide a roadmap for your patients to find you facebook accounts?

We did think about this and it is something that concerned us.

However, whether or not this group exists, they would be able to at least attempt to search us on facebook. The only additional information this would provide to would-be stalkers is that we are part of UNSOM Psychiatry which they would already know being that they are our patients. We all have certain privacy settings that limit who is able to see our private profiles.

We also do a quick screening on who exactly we accept into the group.

:thumbup: