1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Grenada VS KBTGSP

Discussion in 'Saint George's University Forum (Sponsored)' started by Dr Jack, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Dr Jack

Medical Student
    Hey guys, Can one of you, or more ;) give me your opinion on starting Med school in Grenada VS Newcastle. I got accepted and am planning to start January 2012. Hopefully it would help me make up my mind :bang:

Thx :eek:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LTL

LTL

Pre-Medical
    I just got accepted to the January 2012 class as well. I wondered about the same thing myself, but I am going to Grenada. I do know that you would be ineligible for US federal student loans if you did the first year in Newcastle.

The new federal guidelines just released say that basic sciences must be completed on a main campus, not a satellite campus, therefore I think you are ineligible for loans the entire duration of your medical education if you go the KBTGSP route. Maybe not a worry for some, but possibly an issue for others. I plan on paying for medical school, but don't mind having the backup option of federal loans if the need arises.