Gripe about TMDSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MassTransport

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I filled out my AMCAS, and as you guys probably know, they want AP classes listed as being taken freshman year. I then do the TMDSAS, and I dutifully put freshman as the classification for my AP classes. But little do I know that they want them listed as "pre-frosh" instead, and now I gotta e-mail them the corrections. I know, it's my damn fault for not paying more attention, but hell.

Why are there two application services?! WHY?! :beat:

Members don't see this ad.

More like why hasn't TMDSAS hired better web designers. The site honestly sucks compared to AMCAS. Too many things to hunt and peck for. And WHY on earth is there a personal bio & chronology section. They accomplish the SAME THING!

Arg.

More like why hasn't TMDSAS hired better web designers. The site honestly sucks compared to AMCAS. Too many things to hunt and peck for. And WHY on earth is there a personal bio & chronology section. They accomplish the SAME THING!

Arg.

Couldn't agree with you more. I filled out AMCAS and submitted, then went to work on TMDSAS, and just can't bring myself to get anything done. What is with this site? It's awful compared to AMCAS...

Members don't see this ad :)
I gave them a pass on the design because TMDSAS is cheap. Ass cheap. But yeah, I know what you mean.

I suppose it's because we don't pay $160 up front and $30 per school.

Well it is awful, but it is also CHEAP compared to AMCAS, which is ridiculously over priced. And doing the personal biography and chronology is annoying, it divides up what you did in two different ways, one by time and one by type. Sure they could rearrange, but isn't the application really just the first hurdle to see if you can cut it for medical school :)

I don't want to be one of the people that rains on the parade of those just trying to vent, but remember to keep it in perspective. Are you really going to let annoyances on an application hold you back from applying early enough to get an excellent interview date? I should hope not.

It is important to get TMDSAS done, I'd usually say even before AMCAS because Texas schools do everything MUCH earlier. So pull yourself together and beat the hell outta med school applications! WHOOP! and good luck!

I think the worst part of TMDSAS is that they do not let you make a printable final copy. A combination of the personal statement and other sections make it impossible to know how out of proper indention, spacing, etc you are.....

I have heard that you see what the schools will see as soon as you submit the application, but I have yet to see anything and if I am missing it, I hope somebody can show me this option. Thanks and good luck

I think the worst part of TMDSAS is that they do not let you make a printable final copy. A combination of the personal statement and other sections make it impossible to know how out of proper indention, spacing, etc you are.....

I have heard that you see what the schools will see as soon as you submit the application, but I have yet to see anything and if I am missing it, I hope somebody can show me this option. Thanks and good luck

Once you've submitted, go to the status of application and documents received page, go to the bottom of the page and login, and then click on formatted printable application. Then you'll see exactly what the schools see

Once you've submitted, go to the status of application and documents received page, go to the bottom of the page and login, and then click on formatted printable application. Then you'll see exactly what the schools see
But can you do that BEFORE you submit? AMCAS lets you print it out to check things over.

But can you do that BEFORE you submit? AMCAS lets you print it out to check things over.

I don't remember. it will seriously look just like it looks when you type it in, minus the white boxes. Just check for typos as best you can. It won't be any easier to read once you've submitted