Gross Anatomy Help...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sng33

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think are the best books and supplemental books/ atlasas that are neccesary to ace gross anatomy.
Also would be interested in any general tips such as study methods etc.

Members don't see this ad.

I think it really depends on your learning style. I would suggest taking a look at the various picture atlases. I didn't study much off them until the end, but I found them to be very helpful. Personally, in the realm of the painted atlases, I like Netter better than Grant's, but your school may use the Grant's lab book...

I am studying gross anatomy right now, for dentistry. Our prof. suggested Grants or Nedders. I bought Grants and it sucks. So learn from my mistake, go with Nedders. What I also found useful is the flashcards from Nedders, your school bookstore might not have them, so you can probably get them off line, by using this ISBN #192900708-6

Members don't see this ad :)
Netter is the book to have for learning and understanding gross anatomy. Grant's dissector is okay for actually guiding you through the dissection process, but other than that my group never looked at it. i think it's a given that if you have a netter in your hands you're going to learn anatomy...if you put the time in.

Scott
MSII-PCOM