Grouping research and volunteer experience on work/activities?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kaydubz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how I should handle filling out my hospital volunteer / research experiences.

I've worked as a summer intern three different summers for the same pharmaceutical company and with the same official supervisor, but doing completely different things, with three different presentations at the end of each. Should I group these into one general "pharmaceutical internships" category or list them separately as "Intern I, Intern II, Intern III?"

(and as a side not, is it okay to list this as lab / research rather than paid employment)

I've also volunteered in several different departments at the same hospital over three years, and was wondering if that should be grouped as well, rather than put as "X department, Y unit"

I probably have more to say about my research than the volunteering experiences in terms of the description box, if I were to put my three research internship summers separately.

I'm also working with around 9 or 10 total "activities" if I do group both of these, which I am currently doing.

I appreciate any comments!

Members don't see this ad.