guaranteed admission?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nev

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi....one Of My Friends Told Me That They Were Registered For This "organization" So That If They Make A Gpa Of 3.2-4.0 With A B.s , They Can Get Admitted To Any Medical School They Want.
Is That Even Real?
By The Way, I'm In Texas , So Is There A Kind Of Organization Like That In Texas?

Thanks
Nev

Members don't see this ad.

sounds like bs, especially the whole "any medical school they want part"
there are early admission programs at schools where you apply towards the end of your sophmore year and if accepted, you can matriculate into that school's med school if you maintain you gpa, and dont have to take the mcat. Thats the way the prog. works at Tulane, I'm pretty sure other schools have similar ones, maybe thats what your friends is talking about.

I believe the organization is called "Son of God" - but only one dude is allowed in.

EDIT: I think he was a non-trad though, carpenter or something.

Members don't see this ad :)
nev said:
Hi....one Of My Friends Told Me That They Were Registered For This "organization" So That If They Make A Gpa Of 3.2-4.0 With A B.s , They Can Get Admitted To Any Medical School They Want.
Is That Even Real?
By The Way, I'm In Texas , So Is There A Kind Of Organization Like That In Texas?

Thanks
Nev

Getting into any medical is easy! Donates 20 million to a medical shool you want to go to and you are in.

I assume your friends are Jenna and Barbara?
they could own any medical schools they want

nev said:
Is That Even Real?

Thanks
Nev

nah, sounds like bs, buddy. 3.2 gpa, any school...no way. if it were that easy, this website wouldn't exist.

nev said:
Is That Even Real?

Thanks
Nev

In Texas there is a program known as "HCOP," or "Health Careers Opportunity Program." If you are involved in this program, then you are guaranteed admission into UT San Antonio as long as you keep your GPA above 3.4 (I think?) and score a 23 on the MCAT. I don't know too much about it, but I was one of the "teachers" for the HCOP organic chemistry summer sessions.

Also, there is another program called FAST which ANYONE can apply for. Five (?) selected students are offered admission into UT San Antonio provided they maintain a certain GPA and score a minimal MCAT. I'm not sure about programs for other Texas schools, but I most *certainly* haven't heard of an organization that guarantees admission into ANY school you want. Pfft.

U guys are right....but the JAMP thing is real. But I have one question, does the person enrolled in the JAMP program have to get a GPA of 3.25-4.0 in the pre-medical rotation at medical school or for the B.S the person will do in his college?

Nev

nev said:
U guys are right....but the JAMP thing is real. But I have one question, does the person enrolled in the JAMP program have to get a GPA of 3.25-4.0 in the pre-medical rotation at medical school or for the B.S the person will do in his college?

Nev

I think the cutoff is for the cumulative GPA

THAT IS NOT FAIR AT ALL. WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER STUDENTS WHO WORK SUPER HARD AND MAKE BETTER GPAs THAN THESE "JAMPERS"
IT PROBABLY SHOULD BE ONLY FOR THE REALLY POOR PEOPLE.

You have capitalization issues. Each of your three posts has been different. The first one really weirds me out actually.

SitraAchra said:
You have capitalization issues. Each of your three posts has been different. The first one really weirds me out actually.

Lol. i tOo AM oNE foR PrOpeR graMMar aND caPitaLiZAtiOn. It makes it hard to read when it's not correct.

nev said:
THAT IS NOT FAIR AT ALL. WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER STUDENTS WHO WORK SUPER HARD AND MAKE BETTER GPAs THAN THESE "JAMPERS"
IT PROBABLY SHOULD BE ONLY FOR THE REALLY POOR PEOPLE.

First, stop whining.
You're right--JAMP is for low income students

thanks lulu.....
sorry bout the composition :)

I know some poast-bacc programs have some deal where if the student maintains a certain GPA through the program, they can go to a select medical school (that participates in the program) without taking the MCAT. A friend of mine went to Bryn Mawr and got into Rochester without MCATs or interviewing elsewhere.

SitraAchra said:
IF YOU TYPE YOUR POST IN ALL CAPS, IT WILL KNOCK OFF EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE FIRST CAPITAL LETTER.

But since I'm quoting a post with lower-case letters in it, it wouldn't have done it anyways. ;)