Guessing on MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iowagirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDNers

I was wondering if you only have 30 sec left and 4 questions to do, how do u guys choose the best answer? Do u guys randomly put all A's or ABCD?

Members don't see this ad.

statistically it would be best to put all the same answer and theoretically get one right (thats what our TPR verbal teacher told us to do) but personally i think if i was in this situation i would chose random answers and hope for the best because by choosing all the same answer you're counting on the fact that out of every 4 questions 1 will be A, 1 will be B, 1 will be C and 1 will be D...but thats not always the case and there are many times you get two of the same answer in a row

Statistically, any guess is as good as the next one, assuming the correct answers are randomly distributed amongst letter choices, which they supposedly are. Don't run out of time, or save at least 15 seconds for each unanswered so you can eliminate 1 or 2 possible choices and make and educated guess.

That happened to me on PS of the real MCAT. 30 seconds is enough time to at least elimate one or two answers briefly, so that's what I did. Otherwise, I chose C because I heard this is the most common multiple choice answer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would pick an answer for all of them right away then go back and actually read the questions. You'll only have time to do maybe 2 of them but at least you'll have a chance of getting them all right.