Quantcast

Guidance needed as foreign trained dentist!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CarlosGT

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Im a post graduate dentist from mexico city, in January I'll finish my post graduate Endodoncist diploma. Basically I'm a Root Canal speciallist in Mexico from Universidad Tecnologica de Mexico. I am also a permenent US resident.

What do I need to go through in order to work, not as a speciallist but as a regular dentist in the US? I need info about the possible paths to it, or even if there is only a way, which way is it?

Also during my endo trainning I've been sstudying some of the basics because Ive been told I need to take NBDE first is this correct, Id like to know dates and everything. Please help!

BlueToothHunter

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. ADA has a website describing the process of the pathway to get registered.
2. Know that each state has its own requirements.
3. The basics of registration requirements are: a) National Dental Boards Parts 1 & 2; b) complete an ADA accredited postgrad program OR an advanced standing program to obtain a U.S. DDS degree; c) take a regional clinical board exam.

Sam009

Reaction score
Hi I am a dentist from India I have a low comprehensive GPA below 2 and overall GPA above 3. I am currently doing Masters in Public Health in USA. Also I am currently working in a dental office as office coordinator. I also have CDA certificate. I can also get shadowing letter from my doctor for 150 hours and recommendation letter from him as well. I want to know is there any chances I can get admission to dental school in USA. Also I would like to know can I get letter of recommendation letter from professors of Masters program, will that help. Also what can I do to improve my GPA, and increase my chances to get into dental school.

Please Help