guidance on physician assistant course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ROOPSEE

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hii everyone
i am a foreign trained dentist planning on pursuing p.a ..
can sumone guide me regarding the course and the requirements?how competitive it is?what are the factors that are considered during selection process?how can an application be made stronger?
any input will be appreciated as i am new to this country and its proceduers

thanks everyone

roopsee :)

Members don't see this ad.

im anxiously waiting for ur replies .. thanks

You should contact various departments to see what their academic requirements are (i.e.- How soon pre-reqs expire, what they are, if you need to take them, GPA, etc). As far as experience requirements, you should be set:)

Members don't see this ad :)
go to www.aapa.org for listings of the programs in the country.

can some one tell me how much score on gre do we need ?also as a foreign trained dentist do i need totake gre to enter school?

LORs, experience, and GPA much more important.

I am pretty sure that reguardless of where you are from, you have to take the GRE.

Jengirl18 said:
I am pretty sure that reguardless of where you are from, you have to take the GRE.
people are sayin gre is not important and u r saying it is ..can u validate ur reply imean shud i go ahead and take gre with prep or just take it for the heck of it and apply thinkin that lors etc will be important? help plz

have you researched the specific schools that you're interested in? then if they all the require the GRE, then you will need to take it. not all programs require it.

Eventhough the GRE may not be AS IMPORTANT as other things like medical experience, LORs, etc, it is still required. There may be some schools out there that dont require it, but I know that the 5 I applied to did. Call the schools you want to apply to and see if it is required.

After you call, relax, take the exam, then focus on LORs, etc (The important stuff).