Guide me for a 3 month step 1 study plan..aiming 240+

Discussion in 'Step I' started by hems, Aug 2, 2015.

1. hems

Medical Student
    I am an indian medical graduate aiming 240+
    i have 3 months of duration to appear for my step 1
    have gone through some topics in goljan and brs physio, cmmrs , hy neuroanat, molecular biochm (but all the mentioned stuff that i have done is incomplete, due to other commitments, presently doing my internship)
    henceforth i have proper 3 to 3.5 months of leave to crack this exam...i want to utilize this time to the best of my abilities
    kindly guide me how should i go about this!
    Thanking you in anticipation:))

2. Macaroon_Berry

My advice would be to start First Aid & UWorld right now. Do them both ASAP, and also go through a Patho resource like Goljan or Pathoma properly (not in an "incomplete" manner as you mentioned in your post).

hems likes this.
  3. hems

Medical Student
    Thank you very much for your prompt reply!!
    also do let met know which qbanks i should start after that and in what order?
    ( i have to still complete my internship for the month of august during which i will do first aid and pathoma/goljan...as u have suggested, so the 3 months of dedicated time i can give will be in the months of sept oct and november..likely to take my exam in december.)

4. Entadus

Entadus Happy on 5-HT
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If you think you have time for more than 1 Qbank, you should start with Kaplan or USMLE Rx, but definitely complete all of UWorld before your exam.

Disclaimer: I have not yet taken USMLE Step 1.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    hems likes this.
  5. Decremaster

2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If you really don't know where to start or don't have a very strong foundation I think DIT was helpful for me. It got me over 240.

hems likes this.
  6. kehlsh

kehlsh Medic Commando
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    quantity and qualify are important

7. watchmenaenae

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey I have a question if I may ask. What topics do you think are covered best in DIT that helped you during the exam? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Decremaster

2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    That's honestly tough to say specifically which topics since it covers pretty much all of first aid. One thing I really liked was the quiz at the beginning and end of each lecture. I think they really helped reinforce the information for me. Also I was a big lecture person through the first two years (watching the recordings not actually attending lecture). I also used sketchy micro, pathoma, goljan audio tapes for car rides and workout, and uworld - didn't even get half way through :(

9. watchmenaenae

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I was thinking about doing anatomy, biostat/ethics and psychology from DIT since these are the only things I have t touched yet. What do you think? and thanks for replying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk