GunnerCalc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goldenwest

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you that liked the School Selector Excel Spreadsheet file I've created a quick calculator for gunner med students. Simply put in your classes, the number of hours, and your grade for each as well as the number of hours you will have taken before you apply and take a look at what your GPA would look like by application time if you got all As. If you expect a B or C simply put in the number of hours you think you'll get a B or C in and it will spit that out. Once you're done checking that out switch sheets to the School Selector and take a look at which schools you will have a good chance at by application time.

http://www.quickfilepost.com/download.do?get=042809f1975ea2dd0d8fc0ae8bd058dd

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow. This is fantastic

For those of you that liked the School Selector Excel Spreadsheet file I've created a quick calculator for gunner med students. Simply put in your classes, the number of hours, and your grade for each as well as the number of hours you will have taken before you apply and take a look at what your GPA would look like by application time if you got all As. If you expect a B or C simply put in the number of hours you think you'll get a B or C in and it will spit that out. Once you're done checking that out switch sheets to the School Selector and take a look at which schools you will have a good chance at by application time.

haha that literarily made me laugh out loud.
How do pple have time to do make all this stuff? Kudos to you tho

Well, the day after finals... kind of bored... thinking about grades... have a background in Java, PHP, and Excel... It took me an hour at most.

Pretty cool- I have interview invites from all the categories because there isn't a "solid EC" category- my PS score made almost all schools "long shots" and I didn't apply to any of the "go for its".

Pretty cool- I have interview invites from all the categories because there isn't a "solid EC" category- my PS score made almost all schools "long shots" and I didn't apply to any of the "go for its".

Yeah, it's just a vague inaccurate reference. I didn't write that portion of the spreadsheet though - someone did that in conglomeration with LizzyM's theory.

That's pretty cool. Thanks for putting it together. One thing I noticed that needs to be changed is that East Carolina does not accept OOS. Here's an excerpt from their FAQ's.

12. If I am not a North Carolina resident, should I submit an AMCAS application?
A. As a state-supported school with a legislatively-mandated mission to train physicians to serve the state, very strong preference is given to residents of North Carolina. In fact, no non-residents have been admitted to our program for nearly 20 years.

Yeah, well like I said I didn't make that part. For those of you that don't have Excel just get OpenOffice at OpenOffice.org. It's what I use and it's great.

Yeah, well like I said I didn't make that part. For those of you that don't have Excel just get OpenOffice at OpenOffice.org. It's what I use and it's great.

I second that!

Wow, amazing excel skills!
I have a little off question from the sample grades…is pre-calc considered non-science?
btw, what does OOS stands for? does LizzyM# means cGPA+mcat?

Thanks for sharing it!;)

Last edited:
Somebody should sticky this before the next app cycle comes around. I saved it to my desktop. Amazing work, goldenwest!