Guys & girls, where do i stand?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OnlyIfICouldTurnBackTime

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, forum.

Just took my DAT today (5 mins ago) and here are my results...

PAT: 24
QR: 17
RC: 20
Bio: 24
GC: 23
OC: 21
Total Sci: 23
AA: 21

My brain during the math section short-circuitted and subsequently misinterpreted '10 questions remaining' as '10 mins left' !!!!!!! I m so tight cuz i can only blame myself on this.
Had to guess the last 8 or so problems.

My gpa is pretty low... 3.4 cum. and 3.2 Sci (3.8+ for last 1.5 years tho). I graduated from a university this May. I ve already applied to 13 schools mostly Eastern.

Do you guys suggest a retake? I want the cold-hearted truth. I really don't wanna go through another 2 months of no life..but if i have no choice...

how much do the admissions weigh science aveage compared to AA? And the math section in particular?

What is my best option? I wanna hear in terms of where I exactly stand and in strictly statistical sense...

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Dude, you're fine!! Those are some awesome scores. As it has been said many times on here: the sdn population is NOT representative of everyone taking the DAT. You scored roughly in the 93rd percentile of all test takers. Pat yourself on the back and get ready for your interviews!

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for your kind words... just thought that i could compensate my low gpa with slightly better scores, but what's been done is done. Let us not underestimate the time managing skills! Ugh

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, forum.

Just took my DAT today (5 mins ago) and here are my results...

PAT: 24
QR: 17
RC: 20
Bio: 24
GC: 23
OC: 21
Total Sci: 23
AA: 21

My brain during the math section short-circuitted and subsequently misinterpreted '10 questions remaining' as '10 mins left' !!!!!!! I m so tight cuz i can only blame myself on this.
Had to guess the last 8 or so problems.

My gpa is pretty low... 3.4 cum. and 3.2 Sci (3.8+ for last 1.5 years tho). I graduated from a university this May. I ve already applied to 13 schools mostly Eastern.

Do you guys suggest a retake? I want the cold-hearted truth. I really don't wanna go through another 2 months of no life..but if i have no choice...

how much do the admissions weigh science aveage compared to AA? And the math section in particular?

What is my best option? I wanna hear in terms of where I exactly stand and in strictly statistical sense...

Thanks!!

:claps::claps:Congratulations!

A total science of 23 is something to be very proud of and not easily achieved. I work with a lot of students who apply to the Eastern schools and from my many years of experience you will receive interviews and acceptances. Don't worry about the QR, it is a dreaded section by the majority students and as you see from posts on SDN not usually the section that students score high on.

Your GPA is a little on the low side as you stated but you have had an upward trend, dental schools like to see that.

Wishing you the best!

Nancy

Awesome TS! I think you're fine. I'm really quite surprised at how many of us are really similar to each other xD.