Guys. I'm Depressed. Cheer me up with some success stories

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ahmed786

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So today I finally made the bold and sad decision to cancel my MCAT date of August 14th and am now planning to take it in around March or April of next year. I feel like I did study pretty hard this time (around 4 months) but for some reason just couldn't get anything above 30.

What I want to know is have any of you ever gotten back a bad score and made up for it by taking it again much later or have any of you made the same decision I have made only to do much better on your practice tests and ultimately the real exam the next time around??? GIVE ME SOME HOPE PEOPLE

(I'm shooting for around 34-36 ftr)

Thanks for the supports guys :)

Plenty of people had. I will recommend going and finding the stories yourself.

Find the "official MCAT thread for _______ (whatever date)" go to the end of the thread or about 1 month after the actual test date. You will see plenty of good or bad stories there. Many have done what you are trying to do.

the first mcat (practice, not real) I ever wrote was a 14.

Haven't wrote a real MCAT yet, but when I do, I'll let you know budday.

Keep your hopes up. Try reading Ecclestians in the bible, it goes a lot into about how life is meaningless and everything you do has no point when you die. In a WAY, it's depressing. But it also goes into how insignificant everything that everyone does, so you shouldn't be depressed about something like the MCAT. Screw it, you have other things to live for that doesn't matter just as much.

:laugh:

That's the logic I keep in my mind whenever I take practice MCATs. Then all the pressure and panic just disappears... :luck:

It's a bit further than you're looking for but I took the MCAT 6 years apart and went from a 27Q to 35R.

Members don't see this ad :)
i studied MAD hard last semester and was averaging a 38. the mcat was NOTHING like i was used to and i ended up getting a 31. i got rejected from all the med schools I applied to (with a 3.7) and so im back studying for the mcat.

: **(

the first mcat (practice, not real) I ever wrote was a 14.

Haven't wrote a real MCAT yet, but when I do, I'll let you know budday.

Keep your hopes up. Try reading Ecclestians in the bible, it goes a lot into about how life is meaningless and everything you do has no point when you die. In a WAY, it's depressing. But it also goes into how insignificant everything that everyone does, so you shouldn't be depressed about something like the MCAT. Screw it, you have other things to live for that doesn't matter just as much.

:laugh:

That's the logic I keep in my mind whenever I take practice MCATs. Then all the pressure and panic just disappears... :luck:

spelling?

i studied MAD hard last semester and was averaging a 38. the mcat was NOTHING like i was used to and i ended up getting a 31. i got rejected from all the med schools I applied to (with a 3.7) and so im back studying for the mcat.

lol, wasn't this a "cheer me up with success stories" thread?

Check out the 30+ MCAT Thread. There is this one dude who got 18 on his first diagnostic. He studied for 7 months straight (2-3hrs) and got 15, 9, 15. He said he was scoring 13-15 on VR but ish happens... He also has a thread but I can't seem to find it. The thread also goes into massive details about how he studied for all the sections, which may be quite helpful considering you're deferring your exam to a later date.

Dang that sucks. But this probably wasn't what the OP had in mind lol.

Check out the 30+ MCAT Thread. There is this one dude who got 18 on his first diagnostic. He studied for 7 months straight (2-3hrs) and got 15, 9, 15. He said he was scoring 13-15 on VR but ish happens... He also has a thread but I can't seem to find it. The thread also goes into massive details about how he studied for all the sections, which may be quite helpful considering you're deferring your exam to a later date.

I remember this guy also only decided to apply to one medical school: Yale Med (because his family were all Yale alums).

That guy is mterp45 and he is a MCAT legend/god. I wonder what happened to him. I know he got banned (not sure why though) but I wonder if he got into medical school?

-LIS

That guy is mterp45 and he is a MCAT legend/god. I wonder what happened to him. I know he got banned (not sure why though) but I wonder if he got into medical school?

-LIS

I remember him as well. I remember his signature saying he got in. Man, even if he had legacy and a high mcat, that guy had a set of good ones if he applied to only Yale.

Well he seemed like one of those guys who had the "if you set your mind to it then you can do it" mentality. He wanted to get into Yale and nowhere else and thought that if he tried hard enough he wouldn't need a back up. I guess he could afford to do that since his whole family graduated from med school there.

-LIS