sunny66

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2004
33
0
Status
Any info on how many people are on this list, whether it is ranked, or how many people got inoff the list last year?

Thanks!
 

bjackrian

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2004
729
10
Denver, CO
Status
Attending Physician
Seconding the request. I got a letter that I was on the waitlist back in late fall, and I've sent a strong letter of interest, but I would also really like to know how the process works, since GW is one of my top choices!
 

mumpers

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2004
92
0
Status
same here. i got the same letter in december and they said they would let us know in late winter. that sure seems like its now...... are they going to wait until may.... in which case the alternate list is really just a standard wait list ??
 

gdubb

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2005
357
0
37
nc-->dc
Status
i just got mine today...i interviewed jan 11...wtf?! is this a waitlist? the letter says no final decision has been made, and that they would contact me late winter...they could at least update their letter...late winter will be too late :mad:

hmmmm, i wonder how we could find out....well, sending my good luck to everybody that we get off the alternate list :luck:
 

SamDC

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2004
139
0
Status
gdubb said:
i just got mine today...i interviewed jan 11...wtf?! is this a waitlist? the letter says no final decision has been made, and that they would contact me late winter...they could at least update their letter...late winter will be too late :mad:

hmmmm, i wonder how we could find out....well, sending my good luck to everybody that we get off the alternate list :luck:
Hey Gdubb,

Sorry to read about the waitlist. Don't feel bad, it's a random process. Any word from the NC schools?

Sam
 

gdubb

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2005
357
0
37
nc-->dc
Status
SamDC said:
Hey Gdubb,

Sorry to read about the waitlist. Don't feel bad, it's a random process. Any word from the NC schools?

Sam
Hey Sam!
No, not yet. Thanks for asking! I'm holding out for unc...trying not to get discouraged. Maybe gw doesn't like southerners? :eek: I just had such a great interview so i'm disappointed. I guess we'll see what happens. Hopefully we'll both get in and be classmates. :)
 

eralza

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2004
355
3
51
Virginia
Status
Medical Student
gdubb,
sorry to hear about the waitlisting! I hope they don't hate southerners. I've got a TX acceptance, but would like to have options.
Good luck on NC and on getting off the GW waitlist.
 

SamDC

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2004
139
0
Status
gdubb said:
Hey Sam!
No, not yet. Thanks for asking! I'm holding out for unc...trying not to get discouraged. Maybe gw doesn't like southerners? :eek: I just had such a great interview so i'm disappointed. I guess we'll see what happens. Hopefully we'll both get in and be classmates. :)
Hey GDubb,

If you're interested in GW and need some help to write a letter of interest, just PM me. I've been in DC for quite some time so I can, hopefully, answer whatever questions you may have about GW and the opportunities in DC.

Good luck,
Sam
 

gdubb

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2005
357
0
37
nc-->dc
Status
SamDC said:
Hey GDubb,

If you're interested in GW and need some help to write a letter of interest, just PM me. I've been in DC for quite some time so I can, hopefully, answer whatever questions you may have about GW and the opportunities in DC.

Good luck,
Sam

hey sam,

i pm'ed you. you rock! :thumbup:

:luck: :luck: :luck: ,
gdubb
 

gdubb

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2005
357
0
37
nc-->dc
Status
bumpity bump bump...any new info?

thanks eralza! i'm feeling much better today. anyway, how could you not like southerners?!? :love:

keep the faith everybody!
 

eralza

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2004
355
3
51
Virginia
Status
Medical Student
I hear you...what's not to like about a southerner?! :love:

From what I've gathered from other posts, it sounds like GW accepts a huge number of their entering class off of the waitlist. To those applying within the MD/DC region, there are some definite biases toward the various schools. For those accepted to Maryland, the cost of GW would be hard to justify. To those accepted to JH, the status of the program would be hard to decline.

I spoke with the GW admissions office last night, and they implied that notices for my interview time would be sent out within the next week. I should be able to add my status to the board soon.

Keep positive!
 

Rzarecta

Premed 2: Electric Bugalo
10+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2004
753
1
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hey everybody, I am also waitlisted at GW which totally blows. Anyways, do you guys think "late winter" starts in a few weeks? I mean is it realistic to start seeing movement that soon?? Also, has anyone heard of rejections occuring post interview? I know that the previous question has already been asked, but some updates would be nice.
 

chika_NYC

chika_NYC
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
65
0
Boston
Status
Oh boy..just thinking about it gives me the jitters...

chika

eralza said:
I hear you...what's not to like about a southerner?! :love:

From what I've gathered from other posts, it sounds like GW accepts a huge number of their entering class off of the waitlist. To those applying within the MD/DC region, there are some definite biases toward the various schools. For those accepted to Maryland, the cost of GW would be hard to justify. To those accepted to JH, the status of the program would be hard to decline.

I spoke with the GW admissions office last night, and they implied that notices for my interview time would be sent out within the next week. I should be able to add my status to the board soon.

Keep positive!
 

eralza

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2004
355
3
51
Virginia
Status
Medical Student
Chika,
You should hear first, so keep us posted. Have you called the admin office yet? I'm sure that around this time of the year, they really love hearing from applicants.
 

guarana

like a bird on the wire..
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2005
57
0
Status
eralza said:
Chika,
You should hear first, so keep us posted. Have you called the admin office yet? I'm sure that around this time of the year, they really love hearing from applicants.
from my experience a couple of years ago when i got off the waitlist, they started in early-mid may i think.

i wrote letters, updated my app, etc every now and then. i think like all schools, they want to accept students that will accept them too.

there's definite truth to the statement that alot of their students come off the waitlist, i remember meeting students there who told me likewise. i remember one girl heard sometime in mid-june i think???

anyways, it's a stressful way to have to decide on a med school...you put all this time in and work and then you have to sit back and wait for a phone call! good luck to you all!!
 

gdubb

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2005
357
0
37
nc-->dc
Status
thanks for the info guarana!!

good luck to those waiting to hear and us hoping to get off the waitlist :D
 
OP
S

sunny66

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2004
33
0
Status
Thanks Guarana and everyone else. Let's hope we all hear some good news soon.
 

Bubchik

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2004
390
8
Status
Just got off hold at GW!!! :clap:















....and got REJECTED. :(
Good Luck to the rest.

P.S. I was on-hold for interview though, so you guys have a better chance.
Two of my friends also got rejections today, so they started cutting people.