GW february interviewees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alexsmith

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone had an interview at GW in february, a heard back yet with a final decision. and if so how did they receive it (mail, email, etc) and when. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

anybody know when we are goin to get that updated waitlist stuff

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed Feb 1st and no word yet. Although, I heard they are pretty much waitlisting everyone now. :(

has anyone had an interview at GW in february, a heard back yet with a final decision. and if so how did they receive it (mail, email, etc) and when. thanks.

i called today to ask about my status because i interviewed in mid-january (over 8 weeks ago) and haven't heard a thing. the woman i talked to couldn't tell me if a decision had been made, when it would be made, if it had already been made and is in the mail....nothing. after getting my name she even asked if i had interviewed already. and then she said i should expect a decision soon (i'm assuming she said this only because it had been over 8 weeks) and it would only be delivered through mail (contrary to what other people have said on here..). i know that doesn't really help, except to show that calling is pointless and all we can do is wait.

the only word I have received is an email for my picture and my updated transcript. I interviewed VERY early February btw.

Interviewed Feb 1st and no word yet. Although, I heard they are pretty much waitlisting everyone now. :(

where did you hear this from?

Returned from weekend out of town to find a big envelope from GW. Letter was postmarked 3/15.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

is it true that there are only waitlist spots open? and if so what are you guys basing that on?

It's not absolute ... but it was spoken from the mouth of one of the deans.
More or less - he said "they are basically waitlisting everyone now and waiting to see what the accepted people say ..."

I don't think it means that you couldn't get an acceptance though. Just that there are probably VERY few going out from now on.

Hmm, I interviewed at the end of Feb. and they told us that there were still open spots and that we had an equal chance of acceptance :(
Oh well....umm, any February interviewees hear any news yet?

I interviewed mid Feb and was also told that we were not interviewing for waitlist spots. I haven't heard anything yet...

Yeah, they told me the same thing. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel as if I was lied to you guys :(
Let's just hope for the best :thumbup:

anyone get in after feb. interview?

I just withdrew a spot in the entering class -- good luck to you all waiting for good news!

awesome, hopefully that helps me out a little bit with getting in.

interviewed first week of Feb. got the first waitlist letter yesterday. hoping to get that 'top priority' letter if they're doing that this year.

All these waitlists going out are ridiculous. I interviewed at the end of Feb and I haven't heard back but I am almost expecting to get a waitlist letter. I don't understand why they would intentionally interview us if we were going to go on a waitlist anyways. :confused:

All these waitlists going out are ridiculous. I interviewed at the end of Feb and I haven't heard back but I am almost expecting to get a waitlist letter. I don't understand why they would intentionally interview us if we were going to go on a waitlist anyways. :confused:

where are you guys getting this info from? i know people in my class who interviewed very late and still were accepted. gw inevitably waitlists hundreds of applicants - think about it, 1,000 interviews for probab 115 spots (rest are filled by accelerated degree, early admit from gw and other schools like maryland, and linkages from a number of post-baccs). just because a few people posted that they were waitlisted recently doesn't mean that everyone who interviewed towards the end will be automatically waitlisted. i know it's a stressful time, you guys just think way too much into things. best of luck.

yeah i agree with the last poster, when i interviewed (end of feb.) they said that they were not interviewing for only waitlist spots and it was still possible to get accepted. in fact the interview coordinator specifically said that everyone interviewing that day could technically be directly accepted so hopefully it works out well for all of us.

Thanks medstylee and alex, I guess after seeing what someone wrote about one of the deans telling them about the waitlist, I freaked out a little :eek:
I will just relax :)
:luck: everyone

Thanks medstylee and alex, I guess after seeing what someone wrote about one of the deans telling them about the waitlist, I freaked out a little :eek:
I will just relax :)
:luck: everyone

any idea when they would send out the waiting list ranking status?

i just got an email telling me that i need to send in my passport sized photo to complete my file, anyone else get this. and is it usually sent before or after file review?