GW hold thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BOBODR

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mistress S and a few others posted how they have gotten interviews after being on hold. Lets start a thread to see who has gotten an interview and who got the other alternative. Include when you were complete and when you were put on hold. I have yet to hear anything and plan on calling tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad.

I am on hold. Haven't head anything yet, but I'll let ya know...

Still on hold. Nothing yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an invitation to interview today and was put on hold in Nov. So, they are still trucking along.

I am still holding on for dear life

I received an invite on Monday as well. I was compete back in August and was placed on hold in December like everybody else. On monday I got an e-mail that said you have an interview in March if you want it. If you want my stats PM me.

I'm just curious (I'm on hold as well)

jlgettin said:
If you want my stats PM me.

I received an interview on 2/2 and was complete in early August or late July and got the infamous "hold" letter in Dec

O.K, I guess for the interest of this thread I'll just post them. They are really nothing special. I have a 3.6 cum. My science is a little lower almost 3.5, and I have a 30 (10's across the board) on the MCAT. I do however have lots of good EC's. I have one publication and two more on the way. Best wishes to you all, GW is a great school and my top choice.

i'm on hold too... as of the other day... at least it's not a rejection...

Complete in September, hold in December...

patiently waiting but not really expecting much.

As mentioned earlier I received an invite 2/7 for an early March interview after being placed on hold in Dec at GW; very excited because I really felt like I wasn't going to get any more invites this year. I was an Aug MCATer, so complete ~mid-Oct. My stats: very unbalanced 32 and GPA 3.75.

Are interview invites coming via email? Because I just called and was told a letter went out last week. She wouldn't tell me what it was, but I'm guessing the news is not good.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called the admissions office and they told me that correspondence was sent out yesterday. I live in NV so I probably won't get it until next week and they won't tell me over the phone what it's about. This is killer! I'm praying it's an interview invite...

redruby said:
Are interview invites coming via email? Because I just called and was told a letter went out last week. She wouldn't tell me what it was, but I'm guessing the news is not good.

I received my invite via email, it basically asked me if I could make a specific date and time and sort of alluded to the fact that if I couldn't, I was outta luck.

dopaminophile said:
Finally got Wake's reject today. At least I'm out of the "interview pool." I'm not as upset as I thought I'd be.

I am not sure what that has to do ewith GW holds but sorry to hear that. Winston-Salem is miserable anyway but they are getting a brand new billion dolalr school for 2009 so it might be a great place to be . Anyway I called GW and they told me that I was being debated and would be one of the last to know. The guy on the phone must of have been a student because he kept calling me "dude". Anyway I just want to know already, I have been on hold forever it feels like. I actually do like GW and almost broke down on the phone and starting begging. Luckily I haev already sent a letter doing the same thing :rolleyes:

just call 202-994-3506, press 3. my letter was sent out 'earlier this week'...

deejayshakur said:
just call 202-994-3506, press 3. my letter was sent out 'earlier this week'...

Which school is that for?

kch207 said:
I just called the admissions office and they told me that correspondence was sent out yesterday. I live in NV so I probably won't get it until next week and they won't tell me over the phone what it's about. This is killer! I'm praying it's an interview invite...

I called them today to check if my on-hold status changed and the person i spoke with said that a letter was sent out the other day and i should hear something early next week. I then asked if interview invites were by emails only or also by letters, he said that interview invites are by letter. I remain a little hesitant just cause those that have received an interview who were on-hold, seem to only be receiving invites via email.

hopefully we will all hear some good news.

I called today as well, and I was told that letter was sent earlier this week. I am guessing its a rejection.

how many of you have gotten interviews at georgetown but not GW.

This has happened to both me and a friend. Statistically it doesn't make sense.

SO I never heard anything from GW last week.. does anyone know if they are def done sending out invites now? When I called Thurs the guy said they would be done real soon but they had not made a final decision on me yet.

Also Tancrum in your profile you wrote something about GW rejection and writing a letter, can you clarify because you said you were rejected but then said you werent as worried about that as you were that many August
MCATERs got invites Fri? Sorry I am confused...

I got an interview at Gtown - which I declined post-Mayo acceptance- and today was rejected from GW. It makes no sense, but I guess this app process doesn't.

I just got my rejection letter yesterday after being put in the pre-interview hold pool back in, oh, December? The letter was one of the nicest ones I've received, though...aw, for cute!

Sarikate said:
I just got my rejection letter yesterday after being put in the pre-interview hold pool back in, oh, December? The letter was one of the nicest ones I've received, though...aw, for cute!

yeah I received an interview @ georgetown but not at gw which makes no sense because both schools are pretty similar in terms of stats. The only thing I can think of is that georgetown seems to place more of an emphasis on the additional essay, so i feel like it's less of a numbers game there.

SO I just called GW and I never understand admissions office - I just do not believe they are very truthful to people who call. Anyway if you look at my previous post I was told that they were going to review my file real soon like everyone else on hold. Then I call today to see whats the deal and I am told I should hear back in a few weeks! Either they just say anything that comes to mind when you call or they have no clue. Originally they said everyone who was put on hold would have an interview or rejection by this week... I am guessing I am getting a special rejection. :mad:

I sent them an update last week and all i got back was an email saying 'Thanks. You'll hear from us in a few weeks.' I take it this can be translated to 'Why did you waste your time writing to us? We don't care if you're interested in this school or not. We have your money now prepare yourself for a rejection any day.'

Ugh just reject me already.

Hey guys. Just a heads up, I got my rejection letter yesterday. Oh well.