GW Interview Slots--none available??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChessMaster3000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got invited to interview at GW last night at like 10pm. I look this morning and ALL the slots are gone. and they have a ton of interview days. wtf--i thought the whole "too many invitations to accomodate" thing was just med-student neuroticism. Did GW actually send out way more invites than they have interview spots?? Do I seriously have to get onto a waitlist less than 12 hours after receiving an invitation???

Members don't see this ad.

I just got invited to interview at GW last night at like 10pm. I look this morning and ALL the slots are gone. and they have a ton of interview days. wtf--i thought the whole "too many invitations to accomodate" thing was just med-student neuroticism. Did GW actually send out way more invites than they have interview spots?? Do I seriously have to get onto a waitlist less than 12 hours after receiving an invitation???
*nods*. It's more rare for something like that to happen in IM given the sheer number of spots, but it does happen.

The only upside to our med school forcing us to pay for pagers was when I applied, I figured out how to set a filter and forward all emails from ERAS to my pager. Not kidding.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes sir, got the invite last night too on my overnight shift in the MICU.

11 PM - all spots were open when the invite was sent
1 AM - maybe 9 dates open still (5 in Jan, 3 in Oct, 1 in Nov)
5AM - only 1 spot of 1 date open

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes sir, got the invite last night too on my overnight shift in the MICU.

11 PM - all spots were open when the invite was sent
1 AM - maybe 9 dates open still (5 in Jan, 3 in Oct, 1 in Nov)
5AM - only 1 spot of 1 date open

Ugh. I can't even describe how frustrating that is. It's like they are looking for the neurotic med student.

Yeah.. i had just gone to sleep when the email rang.. then had to wait like 30min for the interview broker email to come. pretty unexpected that they would send the invites out so late.. actually puts people on the east coast at a disadvantage.

Anyway, I may give up my slot in November at some point in the next few weeks.
PM me Chessmaster, i can give you a heads up when I do.

I'm in the same boat. I'm on the east coast and I'm currently doing an AI and go to bed at 10pm so I woke up to GW's invite with no available interview slots to choose :(

If anyone else ends up relinquishing their spot, please PM me!

In an era of smartphones, this really isn't surprising.

don't worry too much about it. if you really want to interview at GW you will. A good proportion of people who have scheduled interviews will cancel at a program like this and slots will open up. Be patient. The only advice I'd give is that if you are planning on canceling an interview to do so with at least a couple weeks notice.

don't worry too much about it. if you really want to interview at GW you will. A good proportion of people who have scheduled interviews will cancel at a program like this and slots will open up. Be patient. The only advice I'd give is that if you are planning on canceling an interview to do so with at least a couple weeks notice.
agreed, im sure it will work out in that way. however, the way it probably wont work out is that i'll be able to combine a trip to dc area, which I would have been able to do had I been able to schedule it initially

agreed, im sure it will work out in that way. however, the way it probably wont work out is that i'll be able to combine a trip to dc area, which I would have been able to do had I been able to schedule it initially
you should probably set an email alert for eras emails…there's a reason 4th yr med students become neurotic and check their email every 15 mins...