1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

GW isn't showing me any love

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Mystique, Dec 16, 2001.

1. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    My application was complete a while ago, and they still haven't gotten back to me about an interview. :(
    I know my stats aren't fantastic like some on here, but still I was hoping to hear some sort of peep out of them...
    :(

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. elle

elle Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey Pendulum,

I don't know if this helps at all, but I think GW is one of the schools where a lot of people apply, so I think they're just sloooow with getting interviews together. I know it took a couple of months before I got an interview invite there. So they can be slow, but I hope you hear soon!

And dont get indimidated by all the great grades and stuff you see folks have on here... it can be daunting reading the posts of all those high numbers, but having a 40 mcat and 4.0 (or whatever) is truly the exception, not the norm. :)

Anyway, I'm just rambling...I hope you hear soon!

should be studying for finals :p ,
    elle

4. Mystique

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    elle,

You're good for my self-confidence. :)
    Thanks for the encouraging words... :)

Good luck w/ your finals!! Kick some butt!
    :)

5. chef

chef Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

hey, i dunno if it'll help, but I just declined interview at GW and withdrew my app. So 1 more new person to interview there!

good luck, GW is a great school, in a fantastic environment.

6. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

I haven't heard a peep out of them either since my app complete postcard about a month ago. :( I agree with elle about them just being slow, along with quite a few other schools I could mention. I think I'm just going to put my hopes on hold until after the holidays. Seems like things have really slowed down lately, at least I know they have for the August MCATers. Let's all make a pact to not let these dilatory adcoms keep us from enjoying the holidays!! :) So Merry Christmas to you and to all SDNers !!! :D

7. when I was applying, I sent in my application to GW in August (April MCATer) and didn't get an interview until March. I was not particularly impressed by GW for a number of reasons; the other interviewees and GW students seemed to feel the need to trash other schools unecessarily. The financial aid presentation was very dismissive of people's concerns and the day was poorly organized. We were told to arrive at noon, and one poor girl was scheduled for an interview 10 minutes after arriving while the rest of us ate our lunch. And the interviews ran completly behind schedule. I tried to be positive and thought my interviews went fine, but received a rejection letter 4 weeks later. I am glad, I didn't feel comfortable with the chip-on-the-shoulder atmosphere I saw there. Plus, I don't like DC much at all (lived near there most of my life). So don't sweat it too much if GW doesn't show you any love; I don't think they're worth it anyway. good luck to you.

8. DNALadder2002

DNALadder2002 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

To those who are still waiting on GW, they are slow/fast depending on your location (I think). I live an hour from GW and I was at the first interview session. It appeared that most people at the interview were also from the area. So I think they might be interviewing by location (if this makes any sense) but of course, I could be wrong. Tidbit, I got an interview invitation in August, interview in September, and acceptance in October. So they are pretty quick about the whole deal. I think those of you who haven't heard from them in months should give them a call...you know, get a "status of application" check. Good luck to you all.

9. elle

elle Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I agree with SMW, I hope you all get a chance to enjoy the holidays despite all the anxious mailbox waiting and stuff. My mail goes to my parents house so I've been spared that daily ordeal... :)

It's weird...when I interviewed at gw I thought the students seemed really humble and down to earth (different from katie's experience) so it just goes to show how random impressions can be... that's one of the things that makes me nervous about this process: that the impressions we have/interviewers have on one day will such a play a major role in deciding our futures!

Anyway, I don't think I'll be going to GW (if I get in) next year because I really want to live someplace other than the DC area :) but it's in a good location, right near a metro stop, and I think DC could be a fun place to go to school. Hope anyone waiting to hear gets interviews and stuff soon :)

10. locitamd

locitamd Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Did anybody interview with Michael Brooks?

11. THE instiGATOR

THE instiGATOR Cow Tipper
    7+ Year Member

12. Maple

7+ Year Member

Hey pendulum,

I feel your pain! I am pretty anxiously waiting for GW myself..having interviewed there on October 18th. I am sure you will hear soon...GW is known for focusing on the good parts of a candidate's file..rather then emphasizing numbers only.. :) hang in there.. ;)

Good luck!

13. Mystique

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Swampman,

You've been doing some detective work, huh? Actually, I didn't apply there b/c I was sick of Atlanta. But, I hope you hear from them soon. Good luck.

14. THE instiGATOR

7+ Year Member

15. THE instiGATOR

7+ Year Member

Ok, so it's Santa Claus now.

16. Mystique

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yep, sure is. I'm the designated one this year.
    ;) ;)