GW vs. GW?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GW v GW?

• GW

Votes: 27 39.1%
  • GW

Votes: 41 59.4%

• Total voters

Brickhouse

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now I know you are tired of getting asked this and telling people why you think they should choose this school over that one, but I would really appreciate some honest, well thought out advice regarding my admission offers.

So, waddaya think?

Members don't see this ad.

The question now is "5 yr program or 4 yr program"

CCW

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm...interesting, the votes are swayed towards GW ....hmm....I'll have to do some more research, because personally, I was leaning towards GW myself.

GW is ranked higher...

yeah but don't decide based on rankings alone... you want to be happy too! look at the curriculum! :laugh:

i picked the GW on the bottom like everyone else has done as well...

well the choice is obvious....

Originally posted by mimi1
GW is ranked higher...

but it's a little pricey....and the neighborhood is a little sketchy....

yeah it seems people are NOT in favor of choice number one.

be careful :eek:

Originally posted by DoctorKevin
yeah it seems people are NOT in favor of choice number one.

be careful :eek:

Which is exactly why I posted the poll in the first place! No one ever tells you these things when you interview!

The backdrop of DC, the nation's capital, and GW Medical Center's prime location, nestled amongst the White House and World Health Organizations makes GW my top choice of the two.

:clap:

Originally posted by Medbound2004
The backdrop of DC, the nation's capital, and GW Medical Center's prime location, nestled amongst the White House and World Health Organizations make GW my top choice out the two.

:laugh: LMAO

Originally posted by Brickhouse

True, true...but atleast you won't have to worry about papercuts during your clinical rotations.

This is a tough decision!

Members don't see this ad :)
Brickhouse, are you going to both second look weekends? Probably a good idea!

You have really good points there. On second thought I'd have to say.......GW.

Does GW have a second-look weekend?

Originally posted by Medbound2004
Does GW have a second-look weekend?

No they don't - which is another reason why I'm inclined to choose GW.

No they don't - which is another reason why I'm inclined to choose GW.

This is my favorite thread right now.

This thread is hilarious! I love when SDN makes me laugh at work.

Brickhouse, have you already been accepted to both schools? If so, maybe you should tell GW that GW has accepted you also but that you want to go to GW and that you'll go if GW can beat GW's financial aid package.

What if you really called and asked that? Do you think they might revoke your acceptance on grounds of insanity?:laugh:

GW's residency matches just can't compare though ...

GW last year matched 5 people to derm, 9 to optho, 7 to ortho while GW only matched 1 in each!

I guess though you should end up picking the one in the state you hope to practice in for residency.

:p

Originally posted by snowbear
This thread is hilarious! I love when SDN makes me laugh at work.

Brickhouse, have you already been accepted to both schools? If so, maybe you should tell GW that GW has accepted you also but that you want to go to GW and that you'll go if GW can beat GW's financial aid package.

What if you really called and asked that? Do you think they might revoke your acceptance on grounds of insanity?:laugh:

Um, I've heard GW's admissions office doesn't respond well to those types of inquiries. Better stick with GW, go with your gut feeling not the finances.

i vote for GW

going to GW would make you closer to me = party time!

but GW on the other hand...

tough choice

but i think i just made the choice easy for you ;)

GW rocks!

Gee, guys, your input has been just invaluable to me. I have a lot of thinking to do.

It's a tough decision, but I'm so grateful to live in a country where at least I get to make these kinds of choices, I mean, isn't that what it's all about?

GW...only because I like blue better than red...
plus, you have to chose based on who has a better mascot and logo. Oh and you can't forget the webpage...you future med school has to have a kickin' webpage! :D

This is my favorite thread right now.

Seriously. Brickhouse, you rock!!!

which one is closer to california? pick that one...makes it easier for me to visit.

Originally posted by lyragrl
Seriously. Brickhouse, you rock!!!

Ha ha thanks, I do what I can.

jlee that is so sweet of you to say, but they're both sort of far from Cali. But I'll be back a lot to visit, so don't worry! :)

Ha ha thanks, I do what I can.

jlee that is so sweet of you to say, but they're both sort of far from Cali. But I'll be back a lot to visit, so don't worry! :)

you better...;)

Brickhouse, are you going to both second look weekends? Probably a good idea!

Unfortunately, I believe their second look weekends overlap.

Originally posted by scrabbler
Unfortunately, I believe their second look weekends overlap.

Of course....just my luck! :rolleyes:

I clicked the second GW and suprisingly it is the clear majority. There must be some psychological basis for a statistically significant difference in choosing between to equal options.

:)

Exmike haven't you been reading the thread? Clearly they're not equal, there is quite a debate about which is better. ;)

blue is better....go berkeley blue and gold...

boo...stanfUrd cardinal red...

Exmike haven't you been reading the thread? Clearly they're not equal, there is quite a debate about which is better. ;)

haha sorry i was lazy, i just clicke and scrolled yah know? sorry, you deserve better. i shortchanged your thread. porgib me :(

:clap: I think they're both about the same distance from NC - either way I win!

Originally posted by Swiper The Fox
:clap: I think they're both about the same distance from NC - either way I win!

Does that mean you're going to come up and visit me, no matter which one I choose? Bring the baby swipers too!

BUMP for AID's sake...

(I was just waiting for the opportunity to bring this ol' favorite back!)

Does that mean you're going to come up and visit me, no matter which one I choose? Bring the baby swipers too!
You bet! :)

I think the choice is obvious. GW is a much better school, way cheaper, better location, AND had a better interview lunch. GW hands down! (I hear the girls are better looking there, too!)

Originally posted by patzan
(I hear the girls are better looking there, too!)

Well if I end up there, then that will definitely be true! :D