Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

GW Waitlist

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by charlotte.sometimes, Feb 24, 2001.

1. charlotte.sometimes

10+ Year Member

Has anyone else recently been placed on the GW waitlist? Just wondering what the chances are for acceptance (i.e. how mnay students decline GW for another school)? Any good stategies for making your interest known without seeming like a complete pest?

Thanks,

--In limbo

2. mams

mams Junior Member

my pre-med advisor told me that GW is actually a good school to be on the waiting list since it is so expensive most people from the wait-list make it in. i'm still hoping for an interview. good luck.

3. gower

gower 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Those on the wait list are ranked. To remain on the wait list, a letter of intent must be sent in June. You may add information on new grades or another letter of evaluation, if substantial. Greatest movement ocurs at end of May; approx. 6 students accepted after June 15.

4. kismat

kismat Member
    10+ Year Member

Hello all [​IMG]
    I am somewhat in the same situAtion...I finally had an interview at GW on Feb 23. The person there told me that they mail out decisions in 6-8 weeks....I think I have a greater chance of being watilisted (hopefully not rejected!!!) because of my stats. Now here's my question: My parents live abroad and I haven't seen them in a year adn a half....I was planning to go in Dec,but didn't. Well,I was thinkin of going from MAY 6 till the end of May...would this be detrimental to my application status if I were waitlisted? I think I'll know about GW around the end of April,,....and hopefully will have enough time to send them supplemental material etc etc....but MCP put me on hold too and they said they'd notify me in late April about the chances of an interview. So, what should I do? Intl travel gets expensive and I have to book my tickets in a week or 2....so any advice will be appreciated! [​IMG]
    Thanks in advance!