Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

GW's letter to me

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by willy, Apr 3, 2002.

1. willy

willy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Did anybody else get a funny letter from George Washington regarding reviewing selected applicants' files (a sizeable group, they suggested) lest interview spots should open. They said they've never re-opened interviews in the past, and I'm excited to be a part of this innovative plan. Anyone else? Should I keep my hopes up?

2. johnM

johnM Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

do you mean that you got a letter saying 'you might get an interview, but not yet'?? i've gotten a couple of these, and they seem to just be crap. sorry dude, but i wouldn't be overly hopeful of about interviewing this late in the cycle.

3. sss111

sss111 Member
    7+ Year Member

I got the same letter too but I don't think I am going to get an interview invite. If they have more spots they will fill it with the waitlist and will definitely not take the pain to interview more students.

4. faerichilde

faerichilde Member
    7+ Year Member

I got this letter too, I sort of considered myself rejected when I got the first hold letter. I hate to say it, but I think that "We have not re-opened interviews in the past" doesn't mean that they haven't sent out similar letters in the past, just that interview spots have never opened up, and we should probably not expect them to now.

5. BeckyG

BeckyG Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I think when I interviewed last year I remember GWU (or was it Georgetown) saying that they reopened interviews one year in June and July - for whatever reason and accepted people from those interviews. Maybe that's what they are talking about. Good luck!

6. CaliBoy

CaliBoy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I got the letter too, i don't know if i'm going to withdraw at this point. What are you guys going to do?

7. bebe2

bebe2 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't have anything big to contribute but I suggest you guys wait it out. GWU does reject post-interview. So at least this is a good sign. On another note, I will be withdrawing from GWU today (haven't heard anything post-interview). good luck guys!!

8. willy

willy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Yeah, I misunderstood that letter big time. When they said "we haven't done this in the past" (or something along those lines), I assumed it meant this is a new idea and we are all special. Last night when I read it, I perceived it otherwise; that "we have offered this, but never actually did it, so you're sh#t out of luck". I'm still really excited because I'm very fond of Georgey Dubya (Washington, not Bush, though he's okay too). And bebe2, this is a pre-interview affair, not post-. I think that may have been what you meant to say. Thank you for revitalizing this thread, bebe, I was almost certain it was doomed- what, with no real answers and all...