GWU, a unclear response.....anyone have the answer to this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ocwaveoc

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've taken the English prereqs during the early 90's. I've taken all the science prereqs just recently and wanted to find out from med schools whether the English prereqs from the early 90s would be accepted. ALL of the med schools I emailed responded stating that the English courses from the 90s would be accepted except for GWU who responded "the admissions committee MAY ask you to update and retake the English prereqs". What the hell does that mean, they "MAY" require you to? I just received, as many of you have as well, the secondary request from GWU. I noticed that they charge $125 for it.

My question to you is, do you or has anyone you've known had a similar issue with GWU? What is your take on this situation? I don't know if I want to spend that $125 just to find out that I need to retake the course. I've called them about this and they tell me the same thing.....can never give me a straight answer.

Members don't see this ad.

Strange. I would call and politely insist on a straight yes or no answer. Tell them you don't want to get deep into the application process to find out in the end that you haven't fulfilled the requirements for enrollment. If that person cannot tell you, ask to speak with someone who is able to make that call.

If they still say "maybe," it's up to you. I don't like getting blown off and wouldn't want to give them my money.

Strange. I would call and politely insist on a straight yes or no answer. Tell them you don't want to get deep into the application process to find out in the end that you haven't fulfilled the requirements for enrollment. If that person cannot tell you, ask to speak with someone who is able to make that call.

If they still say "maybe," it's up to you. I don't like getting blown off and wouldn't want to give them my money.

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I've taken the English prereqs during the early 90's. I've taken all the science prereqs just recently and wanted to find out from med schools whether the English prereqs from the early 90s would be accepted. ALL of the med schools I emailed responded stating that the English courses from the 90s would be accepted except for GWU who responded "the admissions committee MAY ask you to update and retake the English prereqs". What the hell does that mean, they "MAY" require you to? I just received, as many of you have as well, the secondary request from GWU. I noticed that they charge $125 for it.

My question to you is, do you or has anyone you've known had a similar issue with GWU? What is your take on this situation? I don't know if I want to spend that $125 just to find out that I need to retake the course. I've called them about this and they tell me the same thing.....can never give me a straight answer.

Yikes. I just assumed that they would accept English classes from the mid-90s. I already submitted my secondary, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see. If you hear anything, please post back. Thanks.

I have been accepted at GWU and my English classes were from the 80s.

GWU an unclear response

GWU an unclear response

I know. That's the kind of thing that'll make them think twice before accepting your english credits.

Don't be a douche, only correct someone's grammar ON THE INTERNET if it's so bad that it hinders people from understanding his or her writing.